BYC Café

Morning! :oops: I don't mind the wind. Up here, the wind is its own creature. It likes to play most times and rarely gets super angry. In general, the trees are used to very heavy winds, so they don't usually come down just because it got windy. The craziest wind event that I have seen was the "snowball wind." My nickname for the pieces of wind that hit the house or trees or skipped along the top of the roof. It sounded like a major snowball fight and it was tiny micro-bursts of 150-200mph wind. That took down a few trees! I think we lost one at the top of the ridge on our land but quite a few people had issues with it, imagine that.

Morning! :oops: I don't mind the wind. Up here, the wind is its own creature. It likes to play most times and rarely gets super angry. In general, the trees are used to very heavy winds, so they don't usually come down just because it got windy. The craziest wind event that I have seen was the "snowball wind." My nickname for the pieces of wind that hit the house or trees or skipped along the top of the roof. It sounded like a major snowball fight and it was tiny micro-bursts of 150-200mph wind. That took down a few trees! I think we lost one at the top of the ridge on our land but quite a few people had issues with it, imagine that.
I don't really worry about the wind for myself, or my house. To do any major damage the wind would have to pick something up and throw it through a window.
I do worry about the other animals though. We've lost a complete stable type shed here and three coops and one car.
My coop page shows the results of one breeze.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom