BYC Café

Now with that I'm off to refill my coffee mug!
Wow, you drink your coffee fast! All gone while putting out one post ;)

Thanks for all the personal insights to AD. My Dad's father had dementia, not Alzheimer's according to Dad. He died shortly before his 96th Bday. By then he had been in a nursing home for a few years. One story we got was that he had met a nice lady there. They enjoyed each other's company .... him speaking Spanish and her speaking German. But I guess the fact that neither had any idea what the other was saying didn't matter.

DW's oldest uncle's wife had AD. At one point she did remember where a woman wears a bra, but not that it went on before the blouse/shirt.

Both my parents died young: dad was 58, mom was 60. My dad's folks lived to late 60s/early70s. My mom's folks lived to late 80s/early 90s. Her brother lived to be 96, lived on his own, and lucid to the end. I talked to him on his 96th B-day. He had an old man voice that was at times hard to understand, but he was telling me stories about my Grandma that I had never heard.

Hope I got those genes...

AD scares me more than cancer. DL, there is a special place in heaven for people like you.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I have a trailer full of garbage and I don't know if the transfer station is open. They always collect curbside on a holiday so I have my fingers crossed.

Last night I went out to check to see if the flock was ready for lock up and the peppers were all loitering around outside with a few straggler hens. Their mother was roosted in her old spot next to her buddies. Huh. She kinda skipped over the "teaching them how to roost" part.
I took her down and she went out the front door. I shooed everyone into the run and closed them in and went back in the house. When I went back out for final count, she was nested with them in the Ward again.
She had Wren and the bantams up on the roost when Wren was only 10 days old and the bantams were 4.5 weeks old. I don't know what she's waiting for. I've seen her off doing her own thing and the peepers off doing their own thing in the flock for a few days now. They need to be taught to roost.

Back
Top Bottom