BYC Café

Our dog is a rescue, half Great Pyrenees, and half red heeler. She doesn't know whether to guard us or herd us. Stubborn, noisy, and a prey drive from hell. I have gone body-surfing a time or two when she saw a squirrel or rabbit on our walks. Not my favorite thing.
But you love her nonetheless, right?
Dr. Seuss is an easy read and off the wall humorous.
Would you like some Green Eggs and Ham?
Well, thanks for the suggestion. Just read some info about this popular author and his many achievements.
Freya is worshipping the woodstove right now. She loves the heat.
That is exactly what my old Foxterrier loves to do: Hot Dog.

Good morning everyone!

Storm is still howling and rain still falling, but I brewed a nice big pot of coffee for us to start the day. :caf

Another one of my olive/green egger pullets started laying this morning to brighten up my day. :wee

Poor thing must be terribly conflicted. Who was so stupid as to make that cross? Or was someone maybe just not careful to keep their dogs controlled? I'm sure you don't know since it is a rescue.
She was found on a Mexico border town, and had had a pretty rough life her first 3 ? years. A nervous wreck, scared of everything, and clearly had been abused. So I'm guessing the second--carelessness with dogs created that breed. She's been through three levels of obedience school, which helped give her structure and a reason to trust us. After two years with us, you can't tell she's the same dog--spoiled rotten. :) Still has quirks from her past, as I can't get out a broom or a rake or anything on a stick, without her flinching and cowering.

But I can say no one will ever get near the house without us knowing about it!

59348258-82F0-45FB-A68E-91EF3DCB1930.jpeg

Good morning! I brought some more coffee, because we can always use more coffee!

Warm today and tomorrow, which is good for running errands, which is what I'll do today.

I'm going to get some sorghum flour at the health food store, and soon I'll try my hand at baking some GF sourdough bread! It may take a few loaves to tweak the recipe in, but that just means lots of toast and peanut butter sandwiches, right?

GF bread is a weird animal to begin with. Sourdough is a bit different too. So marrying the two may be a... process... to say the least. I have found some GF sourdough recipes online, and they are all different, with different flours and methods.

What would be really cool is if I could make one that DH would eat. Or come up with a pizza dough! Pizza night could return to our house! Be still, my heart!

Back
Top Bottom