BYC Café

Good morning and thanks for the coffee! It says 32F outside... Hot coffee!
DS@ came up with our GS and helped get the Starlink cable set in its permanent line.
Steep metal roof and all that kind of fun. My job was to keep the active toddler from climbing the ladder to his demise and then later on, keep him from being in the way of two trees that we dropped at a friend's house. Lots of fun zooming around and the child was exhausted and filthy, possibly covered in some caulking, by the time they headed off to home. I call that a success!
I slept well too...
DL, I hope your DH recovers quickly and thanks for the reminder on the gasket, we should also replace ours this year. Hugs!

Ding ding ding ding ding.
It's all about the money.
Ooooo you're on the DIYer shit list now!
I'm on that list for the local heating/plumbing outfit.

I've decided that if push comes to shove, I can fire the stove without the cat installed and just leave it in bypass mode.
What's the "cat"?

At the front, top of the fire box behind a flame shield. Actually right now it's on the hearth!
When the stove is first fired, it is fired in the bypass mode and left there until the temperature goes into the "active" zone, which is over 500F. The full active zone on the stove is 500-1000F. I've never been over 1000F on the stove but apparently you can overfire them. Maybe by running full bore open air with lots of high surface area, dry kindling instead of cord wood would do it.
Or burning something like Osage orange. Dunno if you have it there. Burns crazy hot.

Back
Top Bottom