BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. That's horrible! Kids/people can be so heartless sometimes! :rant :mad:

2. Yep!

That's horrible! :mad:
    There's two wild rabbits that hang around our property. My almost eight year old sister named them "Bun Bun" and "Cottontail".

Wow!

3. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Good morning! The sun is out, kinda, sorta. I see chicken chores in my future......

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] cup number 2 - more to come.

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    THAT'S IT!!! That is why.
    They left me only half a cup this morning, and I could not figure why the day is so hard to get through. But if I make another pot, I'll have to drink it all by myself... hummm.
    okay.
    I bet if I try, I can do it.

6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Wow, I've had a lot of catching up to do. I need a nice cold drink after all that reading... I had a long weekend of chick hatching. Got 10 hatched out of 14 eggs locked down, so not too bad! Pretty little lavender orpingtons. 9 lavender, one black.

Kids who hurt animals... I have to wonder about their parents. I taught my kids to love animals, not hurt them. I know we can't have total control of kids these days, but basic morals come much earlier than the bad habits they learn. Just gets my goat!

My 4 ducklings are almost 6 weeks old. Ducks need more protein as babies than chicks do. The brewers yeast and all that jazz is fine, but I just bought higher protein starter feed. Gave them sav-a-chick supplement once, I think, in their water, just cause I thought I should... Now they are on basic chick grower and I must say they are growing like little weeds!

Good luck Krista... its so sweet of you to share your personal story with us. I feel like I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be an aunt or not. ;)

Have a great day all!!

7. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan
    Back from the dentist, no cavities. Of course, cavities at my age are rare, it's the root canals and crowns that seem to happen with alarming regularity!
    Nice weather here, I need to do some cleaning and then another walk for the dogs. DH is headed out of town for the next couple of days, so no cooking for me!

8. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Yes! That is exactly right!!!

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just call me 'Uncle Sour'. [​IMG]

10. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Lol, you guys are funny. If you think you're anxious how do you think I feel, ha ha! Unfortunately there is no news as yet - no weirdy feelings or symptoms to report, and when my Sister asked me if I "felt like I was not alone" I told her that's exactly how I was feeling, but only because she was continually calling me!

It is only 5 days post transfer, so I guess it would be unusual to feel anything yet anyway, even if it has been successful? I don't now, I've never been pregnant before. I guess we are all going to have to patiently wait until next Wednesday evening (1 week from today), when my blood tests come back with (hopefully) good news! I am crossing my fingers of course, and thinking all the positive thoughts I can, but 5% to 10% is not a great set of odds. I guess someone has to be in that group though. Why not me?

There is some good news to report though. My clinic rang me yesterday and the second embryo (which last week was dilly-dallying in it's only job - to divide) reportedly came alone 'fantastically' over the long weekend, and was duly frozen for a second attempt later down the track if needs be. So, even if this time it doesn't work (and pray God, it does) we have another chance up our sleeves.

Yesterday was a big day for me with my Dad having an operation (prostate) and unfortunately they also found a lump on his kidney that will require further investigation once he gets over this operation. I also worked yesterday (2 hour drive there and back) so I was exhausted at the end of all that. Today I am planning a much quieter day, with housework (gently, of course) and tending to my chooks. I might even find the time to tackle my wardrobes and have a good cull of my clothes, although if I accidentally get distracted by the couch and Dr Phil this afternoon I won't be entirely disappointed!

Hugs to all of you prospective Aunties and Uncles out there! I very much appreciate that you are keeping us in your thoughts.

Krista x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by