BYC Café

I made up my mind years ago that when he no longer recognized me I was not going to go see him anymore because it just causes confusion and stress for him and emotional pain for me. My DH has been gone for years and I miss him terribly.
I can totally agree.

I know if was terribly hard on my mom when her mom no longer recognized her.

Unfortunately no. All of these symptoms started a minimum of 5 days ago but I think it's been over a week.
I was hoping that the vomiting and excessive drinking was because of the heat but watching him more closely now I don't think so. He is definitely eating a lot of grass and he has just slowed down so noticeably over the last couple of months.
Omg, i was thinking for a second you were discussing your DH! I am crazy.

Criminy. I haven't been micromanaging Astrid on her wet nest. Normally I take her off every morning, count the eggs to make sure there aren't any extras and let her go about her business and get back on.
I didn't do that this morning so I lifted her off her nest to check at lock up and she has no extra eggs but is missing another one. She's down to six.
I think she and Jody must have had another fight and another egg got broken and Astrid took care of it.
I have the water bottle hanging on the coop door and I see the chick using it out there all the time but Jody insists on bringing her into the ward to sleep every night.
And Tink and MacKenzie are still found in the nest boxes every evening. But they're not staying in there all day so I haven't been tossing anybody in the clink yet. I just don't have time to manage all this nonsense.

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee!

Had another wild fire sprung up 6km from my place in the city yesterday late afternoon. More evacs. This time it was burning towards an industrial building with 28,000 litres of ammonia in it - thankfully they were able to stop the spread. Overall they are managing well considering the conditions. More HOT windy weather for the next two days. Send thoughts for lots of rain on the weekend - we need it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom