BYC Café

Omg, have you applied ice? Hope it feels better soon and heals quickly!
Because the nail damage made a hole all the way through it didn't build pressure from bleeding underneath so it's not too bad.
beet salad
Pictures? Recipe? I LOVE beets!
so it will get a bit wild around here!
So you'll be late to the Café tomorrow? Shall we leave some Tylenol and Alka-Seltzer at your spot at the table?

Good morning from the pond. Coffee is ready ☕.
IMG_20230611_060539417.jpg

Things are starting to bloom.
IMG_20230611_060603075.jpg
IMG_20230611_060616808.jpg
IMG_20230611_060631896.jpg
IMG_20230611_060834282.jpg

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee.

Those photos are lovely DL! The pond is looking nice. And the blooming plants, bushes are so pretty.

Dogs got me up at 5am (they’re on fishing time despite it being Sunday) - I went back to sleep and overslept a little. Oops. Woke up to DH making savoury pancakes (walking onion and cheddar cheese) with local smoked bacon. It’s drizzling and cool outside, but time to do some more gardening. I don’t mind the weather as it reminds me British Columbia where I grew up.

Here’s a Shirley Amazing Grey Poppy from the garden 💕

IMG_9578.jpeg

Still very hot and extremely dry here. The thunderstorm last evening brought just about 2 seconds of drizzle evaporating even before touching the ground.
Sorry it’s so dry there. We were in that situation until a week ago - I’m so thankful we have returned to our seasonally normal weather.

Anxiety topped with sadness here today, water in kitchen is not running as it should....
...and another old girl is gone.
Olive was hatched here from one of the first I ever hatched.
Olive started laying gorgeous speckled green eggs the day her mother died.
She was always a good and gorgeous bird.
Found her stone cold dead on the poop board this morning.
Not sure why, no odd behavior in past days, tho she had a bit of prolapsed vent.
RIP Olive.
View attachment 3533765
Lovely looking hen.:love

Good morning. Waiting for the rain they say is coming. But with every forecast, they're toning down the amount.

The itty bitties are 4 weeks old today! Wow, did that time fly. Here's a picture of Sunny, the brave one.
IMG_E3792.JPG

I'm making them a huddle box to wean them off the heat plate.

We're adding on to the coop this week, if all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom