BYC Café

Thanks for the hot coffee! It is 15F and all of the very wet snow is frozen solid now.
I feel like I am East of the Miss. River! The county came by at 6:10 in the evening, one medical call late on that one! That is why my neighbor came by hauling arse in his tractor to get a path for a 4 wheeler for my paramedic neighbor and her med supplies. That is also probably why they came by so late, cause they got an earful! She is a fiery one to get riled up, LOL!
Cheers for sore shoulders, still here to complain!
Enjoy the weekend, Cafe!

Us too, at least for as far as they forecast, which is 8 days. Low 50s today, but with winds that will make it feel like the 40s.
Right. I didn't add wood to the stove when I left for work yesterday is these conductions and the house was chilly when I got home. I did not make that same mistake this morning.

It's been warm enough to let the fire die during the day. My goal is to keep the furnace off, and it hasn't come on since before the heat wave... 2 weeks... ish.

Our propane payment went down about $75/month. :thumbsup

Our phone/internet bill went up $16/month.

Our property taxes are going to be about $200 more this year.

Net change... still in the black. And, a month from now, the government takes pity on me for being old and starts sending me money.

My lifelong whimsically rhapsodizing 43yo daughter finally grasped enough reality to cement those dreams into actually buying some land. I had doubts, from long experience, when the latest plan was laid out last fall but she made it happen and did a hell of a good job of it.
When she sent holding the pic of the completed deed I did this:
:yesss: :wee :yesss::wee:yesss:

My lifelong whimsically rhapsodizing 43yo daughter finally grasped enough reality to cement those dreams into actually buying some land. I had doubts, from long experience, when the latest plan was laid out last fall but she made it happen and did a hell of a good job of it.
When she sent holding the pic of the completed deed I did this:
:yesss: :wee :yesss::wee:yesss:
Good for her!

Good morning all, thanks for the coffee I have a question about my Silkies? I moved them outside a little over a week ago from our indoor brooder. I open there coop door and they won't leave the coop, I have to move them in and out every morning and evening.
Should I just let them do there thing, as there food and water are outside.
Also we are now up to 15 Black Rose Comb babies
Most Silkies are not very bright …the ones I had were the first ones to get eaten up by predators and the last ones to get the ladder ( other chickens needed a maximum of 1 week to get it, the Silkies needed 8 )🤪

Back
Top Bottom