BYC Café

Years ago when I used to make Tollhouse cookies for the family....the kids wanted NO NUTS.....my husband wanted NO CHOCOLATE CHIPs but lots of nuts.....I wanted both so I stopped making them!!!;) There....that'll teach ya Mr. Picky Pants!!
Without the chips, they are a vanilla cookie. Originally that is what they were until they started adding the chocolate chips

Another "Bella" moment happened before we left. I was out shoveling snow. I had cleared the front porch, walkway and car and was working on shoveling the edges of the driveway when DH yells out the front door "Why did you leave the door open??" I didn't! Bella didn't want to wait anymore so she opened the door and left with Skittles at her heels. I looked up to see them both sitting at the car! Thank goodness Fuji wasn't interested in going out in the snow. As most of you remember, her name was given to her by the people who rescued her in Ohio and gave her that nick name as a shortened version of Fugitive, which she would be delighted to be.
When I went up to put the shovel on the front porch I also noted that Belle relieved herself on the walkway so that got shoveled up too. :hmm

Good morning, Cafe.
It's much warmer here this morning at 32F. The snow fell very lightly throughout the night and we've got maybe 4-5" out there.
A raccoon visited in the night. It was checking out the wood pile and I saw some pretty good footprints in the snow that drifted onto the flagstone. It did not attempt a second foray into the chicken pen. The first one was unsuccessful and I think the thing must have gotten zapped more than once trying to find it's way back out. No tracks led to the run or coop, just around the pen and along the fence line.
Sounds exactly like our weather last night and today.

Awwww how awesome!!! Skittles seems like he is NOT having it though!! :lau

And sorry about her toe!! Hope it’s okay!! :)

Maybe the Lab will be there some other time? :)
No. He certainly was not. He got scooped up and carried for a while until after we ran into Apollo. Bella kept screaming when she first met him and running to me and Apollo's "mom", Karen. Karen's first black lab was somewhat raised by Dylan, my first male Dobie. So she is well aware of the way Dobermans play. After Bella figured out that Apollo was not going to kill her, the screaming stopped and the fun began. Shortly after that I let Skittles go. If I saw the the two big dogs coming too near him, I'd holler out a heads up to him so he could go into evasive maneuvers if he needed to. He was fine. He is used to running around big dogs.

Last edited:
For all you nay sayers....walnuts are extremely good for your health.

13 Proven Health Benefits of Walnuts

Rich in Antioxidants.

Super Plant Source of Omega-3s.

May Decrease Inflammation.

Promotes a Healthy Gut.

May Reduce Risk of Some Cancers. ...

Supports Weight Control. ...

May Help Manage Type 2 Diabetes and Lower Your Risk. ...

May Help Lower Blood Pressure.
:plbb and only 3 per day is enough for the benefits.
The chickens here love them. I'm rather fond of them as well.

Back
Top Bottom