BYC Café

Ok friends...please help me with this.... I read a thread/post about BYC "etiquette" as I want to read and learn but don't want to annoy anyone. Someone on there said something like "And don't bump old posts up !" As I read, read, read....I find things I'd like to comment on and things I'd like to ask about but am afraid to "bump up" an older post. Seems to me those older posts have a wealth of info. Am I worrying too much or is there a better way. Thanks for your patience.

Ok friends...please help me with this.... I read a thread/post about BYC "etiquette" as I want to read and learn but don't want to annoy anyone. Someone on there said something like "And don't bump old posts up !" As I read, read, read....I find things I'd like to comment on and things I'd like to ask about but am afraid to "bump up" an older post. Seems to me those older posts have a wealth of info. Am I worrying too much or is there a better way. Thanks for your patience.

For me it's just a matter of common sense. If something catches my attention and I think on commenting I will click on the OP's profile to see if they are still active and willing to respond. I see nothing wrong with the occasional reviving of pertinent posts.

I wouldn't over think that. Some posts come back and people learn from them. On the other hand, in the New Members, every now and then a really old post will be commented on and then everyone who follows that forum is tricked into commenting on a zombie thread. People come in, introduce themselves, and then don't ever come back sometimes. So, I think what you read referred to that situation, and not a regular post that perhaps pertains to a timeless issue, like an injured or sick bird.

I wouldn't over think that. Some posts come back and people learn from them. On the other hand, in the New Members, every now and then a really old post will be commented on and then everyone who follows that forum is tricked into commenting on a zombie thread. People come in, introduce themselves, and then don't ever come back sometimes. So, I think what you read referred to that situation, and not a regular post that perhaps pertains to a timeless issue, like an injured or sick bird.
Ok...I appreciate that response.

Back
Top Bottom