BYC Café

6 cups of water a day? I certainly hope Dr Pepper counts as water!:p
:thumbsup

I'm moving from a home with a double garage and lots of attic space into a home with no garage....no attic and no basement.
Where are you supposed to store stuff? Do you have enough land to build on?

Good, I'm a big fan of Dr Pepper.........And chickens
Me too.

:sick:sick:sickwouldn't want to use that and get ink all over the backside, 007.
Better than getting something else all over your hand!

I believe everything I hear on BYC (well....almost)
Oh BAD plan! Seems like for everyone who has "been there, done that" there are 5 who haven't and are parroting something they saw/read on the internet. Have you seen the YouTube channel where the "chicken expert lady" tells you that if there is poop on the eggs it means they have worms? And that if you feed them whole oats, bread and cracked corn they will lay every day? I wonder how many people have seen her videos and believe that rubbish.

The recommendation is to not drink much soda but like we said in other posts, if it works for you go for it!

I drink soda when I have a burger.. about once a week
I usually only drink soda/pop/coke (always Dr. Pepper if available, root beer or ginger ale if not) at lunch (5 or 6 days a week :oops: )

You said you have soda with a burger once in a while...is that an In N Out burger?
Apparently there are a lot of fans here, I am not one of them. No In N Out here but we stopped at one on the way back to my sister's in So. Cal. from the Grand Canyon early Dec. Still not impressed. I've been to them in other years as well. My second cousin was a vice president of the company before he retired.

Five Guys is pretty good. Don't bother with the burger place in the terminal where JetBlue is at JFK, worst burger I've ever had and of course "airport pricing".

Most were 55 cubes, I about died reading it!
THAT'S why it tastes so good!

Well honestly...how rude can you get.:p
I think you should have started a fight with them.

I believed a myth once, The feed store said "yes all these chickens are female" WRONG!:he
Which is why I always buy my chicks from a hatchery and fork over for the shipping. Never know what you are going to get at the feed store or how often someone has picked up a chick from one bin and put it in another. And most likely the store employees don't know much about the breeds and certainly can't sex a chick. One BYCer was in a feed store where there was a bin marked pullets and she KNEW they were cockerels because they were sex links. The store employee was adamant that they were pullets because the sign said so. I understand that some stores do order only pullets so they would be much safer.

The hens here are really friendly. :p
View attachment 2009193
She looks like a grouse all flared out!
When Zorra (2012, 1 of my first dozen hens and still alive) was raising the chicks I got in 2015, she was a witch to all the other hens. Even the top of the flock girls stayed well away and ran like mad behind her when she wasn't looking to get to the other side. Only 2 "trusted allies" were allowed within 5' of the chicks.

Good ink did not leach.
Yeah, as they say, "they don't make things like they used to".

I'm sure she is though! You must have something she likes to keep you that long 😉
Yeah, he cooks! 😁

GASP! Lol, it's a good burger, especially if you like em with grilled onions.
Which isn't on the menu, you have to know to ask.

French fries animal style maybe :drool
Also not on the menu. Besides the burgers not being all that good in my opinion, all the "additional" things available that aren't on the menu is quite annoying. BTW, I saw an article on "best french fries at fast food places" and I-N-O came in last. I'd have to agree.

I've always found that to be the case. Hard working people.....
Soon I shall be a buckeye no more .....I will be a "Nutmegger" :rolleyes:
Will you still be a tough nut when you are in CT?

Wow, it's hard to catch up.
You can say that again. No, wait, DON'T, this thread is moving faster than the SST taking off (well , back when it existed) already.

Only good thing about burger king are their fries... That's all I'll eat there, but I very rarely do.
I think the opposite. Between BK and McD's BK has better burgers, McD has better fries. BTW, the oldest original McD's still in existence is in the city where I grew up - Downey, CA. The sign still says "We have sold 500 Million", same as it did years ago though as I recall it was 50M then 100M before it got stuck at 500M. I walked past it twice a day when I was in Junior High. No inside seating then, no inside seating now.

Nope, not cheetah, but it does live in Africa.
Leopard? Serval?

Make really good pizza here we are at least 40 minutes from any pizza place
anything local is frozen bad frozen .... Dough is easy to make rest is no brainer
Yep.

Oh BAD plan! Seems like for everyone who has "been there, done that" there are 5 who haven't and are parroting something they saw/read on the internet. Have you seen the YouTube channel where the "chicken expert lady" tells you that if there is poop on the eggs it means they have worms? And that if you feed them whole oats, bread and cracked corn they will lay every day? I wonder how many people have seen her videos and believe that rubbish.
It was a tongue in cheek remark. But yes, actually...I know exactly the person you are talking about. :lol: She's VERY "HAPPY"......

:thumbsup

Where are you supposed to store stuff? Do you have enough land to build on?

Me too.

Better than getting something else all over your hand!

I usually only drink soda/pop/coke (always Dr. Pepper if available, root beer or ginger ale if not) at lunch (5 or 6 days a week :oops:)

Apparently there are a lot of fans here, I am not one of them. No In N Out here but we stopped at one on the way back to my sister's in So. Cal. from the Grand Canyon early Dec. Still not impressed. I've been to them in other years as well. My second cousin was a vice president of the company before he retired.

Five Guys is pretty good. Don't bother with the burger place in the terminal where JetBlue is at JFK, worst burger I've ever had and of course "airport pricing".

THAT'S why it tastes so good!

I think you should have started a fight with them.

Which is why I always buy my chicks from a hatchery and fork over for the shipping. Never know what you are going to get at the feed store or how often someone has picked up a chick from one bin and put it in another. And most likely the store employees don't know much about the breeds and certainly can't sex a chick. One BYCer was in a feed store where there was a bin marked pullets and she KNEW they were cockerels because they were sex links. The store employee was adamant that they were pullets because the sign said so. I understand that some stores do order only pullets so they would be much safer.

She looks like a grouse all flared out!
When Zorra (2012, 1 of my first dozen hens and still alive) was raising the chicks I got in 2015, she was a witch to all the other hens. Even the top of the flock girls stayed well away and ran like mad behind her when she wasn't looking to get to the other side. Only 2 "trusted allies" were allowed within 5' of the chicks.

Yeah, as they say, "they don't make things like they used to".

Yeah, he cooks! 😁

Which isn't on the menu, you have to know to ask.

Also not on the menu. Besides the burgers not being all that good in my opinion, all the "additional" things available that aren't on the menu is quite annoying. BTW, I saw an article on "best french fries at fast food places" and I-N-O came in last. I'd have to agree.

Will you still be a tough nut when you are in CT?

You can say that again. No, wait, DON'T, this thread is moving faster than the SST taking off (well , back when it existed) already.

I think the opposite. Between BK and McD's BK has better burgers, McD has better fries. BTW, the oldest original McD's still in existence is in the city where I grew up - Downey, CA. The sign still says "We have sold 500 Million", same as it did years ago though as I recall it was 50M then 100M before it got stuck at 500M. I walked past it twice a day when I was in Junior High. No inside seating then, no inside seating now.

Leopard? Serval?

Yep.
What's SST?

Nope, not leapord, or Serval. Fur is the wrong color, spots are wrong.

Hint: They scavenge, Steal, Woops at night, has a mane, & looks like a canine but isn't.

I love this time of evening, watching the hens waddle back into the coop, and perch in their favorite places. Then I greet each one with a petting and a good night girl. yes, all 30 of them! Then I lock up the coop for the night.:love
Mine go to roost at 4:30pm-5:00pm.

Back
Top Bottom