BYC Café

The place was the Duke Garden Foundation. Display gardens were arranged in a quadrangle around the growing houses. The place was beautiful and filled with plants from all over the world. Tours were conducted during the week, and 'tour guide' was one of my jobs. Owner was a somewhat eccentric, extremely wealthy lady accustomed to having her own way. Many there were terrified of her and worked out of fear - I personally never had problems. Management ruled with sort of a 'feudal system' outlook, and for someone with my personality this was grating. All in all it was an amazing place, but it was important that I moved on. When I left they offered me the same salary 50% increase that I was getting at the new job. My reply, "If you had been giving me that sort of raise all along, I would never have left." Needless to say that enticement did not work.
Wow, it looks like it was an amazing place. Sounds like they didn't want to let you go too badly. Although, I guess they realized that too late.

Morning, cafe! Thanks for the coffee. Beautiful day so far and supposed to be in the 40's for the next 10 days. This weather has me planning all my gardening adventures this year.

All you mum keepers out there: when is a good time to re-pot? My plant is getting ready to bloom again, so I'm not sure if I should wait or if it matters.
I planted mine in the ground.

"Well really you two! Get a room!" Hurry not impressed with Fat Bird and Cillins behaviour.
View attachment 2009984
Your Blue Wheaten, Birchen looks like mine.
1115191544.jpg
1115191545.jpg
His name is Blue, & he's a OEGB/Pheonix cross.

Back
Top Bottom