BYC Café

Morning Cafe okay thanks for the coffee second cup here new question for you all .. I am the two Blue Cochin growing up as yet they have not tried to roost they sleep on the floor ...
I understand they are large and heavy .... if I set like 2 steps close up to one table would they use it ? or stay on the floor? They will sleep under a table but then they get crapped on

Morning Cafe okay thanks for the coffee second cup here new question for you all .. I am the two Blue Cochin growing up as yet they have not tried to roost they sleep on the floor ...
I understand they are large and heavy .... if I set like 2 steps close up to one table would they use it ? or stay on the floor? They will sleep under a table but then they get crapped on
Can you post pictures, Penny?
My heavy bodied girls like to use the ramp up to the poop boards then they hop up onto the roosts from there. They also prefer to take the off ramp in the mornings. My boards are 33" to the top of the lip from the ground and the roosts are 13" over the board surface.

Art is an adult interest. Anybody can be an artist if they put their mind too it. :)

Perhaps what DL means is that fursuiting is kind of lost on most of us (in fact, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of us didn't even know that "fursuit" could be a verb!) My only exposure has been through my daughter, who went through a small-scale furry phase a few years ago. I find your work on the mask impressive, and am looking forward to seeing the final result.

Coffee is done oh darn I will post pictures little later Dobie I even thought of 4th coop just for them
That sounds so tiring!
I know a bunch of you run multiple coops. I have my hands full with everything going on in my life to just keep the one coop up to snuff. I couldn't deal with all the extra cleaning and caring for more waterers and feeders than are in the one coop.

Good morning Café. @Shadrach is there any possibility of fly strike on Hinge this time of year ?

That'll work.
That would be possible at this year. Others years normally freeze hard for quite a few days in November and that kills off a lot of insects.
Fly strike is always possible but I'll make sure it doesn't happen.
Hinge's wounds are puncture wounds and don't appear to be very deep. They also bled a lot which is good for washing the wounds out.
I got chlorhexidine in the wounds and then Betadine. They appear to be claw tip wounds from a grip rather than a tear. This would be from the hawk trying to drag her somewhere less exposed to eat. Being small they've closed up more or less. I think it's just keep an eye out for infection from now on and I've got anti biotics on hand in case.

Back
Top Bottom