BYC Café

Are you saying you broke the carafe? I always buy the $10.00 Dollar General special coffee maker because I have to replace them so often from the calcium build up from my water.
That's the worst isn't it? Our water is so hard it kills faucets in just a few years.

Yeah I broke it :hmm I smacked it on the side of the sink when I was rinsing it out. Since I break them on occasion I keep a spare.

We had yellow jackets that actually burrow into the ground here. It's always fun when you step on one of their holes 🙈 they made one of their holes in my garden! I was not happy at all.

My husband poured gas in the hole and lit it on fire then put screen over the hole so they couldn't get out.
Here we have some little wasps(Dad called them wild bees) that make hives in the ground. they were nasty little things!

Windy, cold and raining here. The girls are enjoying the warm spot that was created by the wind break we put on the coop a few days ago. Hot Cocoa and a good book day.
Windy and 55F here today. There has been a couple of light rain showers.

Hot cocoa sounds good!

Oh okay. I definitely run and scream as you know :lau but I would rather not be stung so if I can avoid it, I will. :lau but yeah they’re definitely ridiculous! And territorial! They went after my mom one time when she was in the woods dragging a branch out! Whole bunch of them!! Must have had a nest or something. And OMG she eats them!? Gator used to occasionally or try and would get stung. Libby too hah

I’ve never been stung except like once forever ago by a bee when I was petting the dog.

I’d like to keep it that way lol

My grandma was also highly allergic so idk if I am too. I wasn’t allergic to the bee but I think wasps are different. And it could have developed. She never was till later.
Your mother eats bees?! When I was a kid, My friends and I were wandering through the woods and ran into a nest. We had hundreds of stings!

Your mother eats bees?! When I was a kid, My friends and I were wandering through the woods and ran into a nest. We had hundreds of stings!

:lau no! @FortCluck dog! Probably should have made that a new paragraph or included the dog part :lau :oops:

And OMG that is awful!!! Did you have to go to the hospital or anything!? That sounds painful!

:lau no! @FortCluck dog! Probably should have made that a new paragraph or included the dog part :lau :oops:

And OMG that is awful!!! Did you have to go to the hospital or anything!? That sounds painful!
No, our parents coated us in Caladryl lotion. I guess our breathing was ok. Yeah, it was scary for kids. Didn't stop me from going in the woods though.

Back
Top Bottom