BYC Café

thanks for the coffee Shad.
Another glorious day here; that's over a week since the last rain :ya We had so much of it over winter, we really appreciate the dry!

Saw two baby rabbits in the garden over the last few days. We've been here over 20 years, and in all that time I think we've have rabbits for 4 years tops, never consecutively. I guess they attract the foxes... :tongue:barnie

Hey there, Tonya! :hugsMissed you guys, as well. Been a rough few days here. Had to say goodbye to part of my heart last night. I'd hoped she was going to get to have one last summer of swimming, but her body was failing her. I know you know the feeling. One of my favorite pictures of my Stoli ❤

View attachment 2068627
I am so sorry!

Good evening, Cafe. Phew, it's been a long day and it's also the start of a long week. My job is still in full swing, luckily. And we're ramping up production even more to prepare for Easter. (I grow flowers at a greenhouse facility.) I'll be working seven days straight this week, plus overtime. Though I wonder if it all is even worth it if most churches will be webcasting Easter celebrations, so probably won't need that many flowers? My boss seems to think otherwise. Oh well. Job security!

Today was my chickens' first full day in their new coop & run, and I'm pretty sure they loved it. I just watched them put themselves to bed. My two welsummers, Leafy and Daisy, I love them but they often act like Dumb & Dumber. They're still out there pacing around and screaming because they don't understand how ramps work. Guess I'll have to put them up myself in a bit.
It is normal to need to put them up! It will take some time that way but some pick it up quickly.

Nope. They're barely treating it like a serious situation at all. In my area the fancy downtown area is closed for a while to slow down tourism. And most restaurants are only doing delivery or take-out. But that's about it. Most other business is going about as usual.
Quarantine is showing some success here in CA. GA should get it's act together or Some leaders there may have a stain on their souls

Saw two baby rabbits in the garden over the last few days. We've been here over 20 years, and in all that time I think we've have rabbits for 4 years tops, never consecutively. I guess they attract the foxes... :tongue:barnie
We usually see only 1 or 2 cottontails a year though a few years ago there was a baby bunny out on the lawn about every 3 weeks. Never more than one, doesn't seem like the rabbits are very productive here. Either that or the nighttime predators are taking the babies out pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom