BYC Café

It's SO frustrating. All the local government has been struggling to maintain social distancing and other safety measures because the state governor is going over their heads and ruining everything. The mayor in the town neighboring mine had recently tried to close the beach to prevent unnecessary gatherings. Then the governor made an announcement to ignore the mayor and that the beach would remain open.
That is very sad!

Hopefully things will be locked down soon there.

There have been some articles that predict very bad numbers soon in the south

What is likely to happen is dad's house will go on hold while I get her house done.
I'm going to insist she pay me because she'd have to pay someone else to do the work if not me. I'm going to use that money to hire someone to do my porch roof, frame out the screened in room and roof the house. Seems fair.
That sounds like a good idea! At least you would get something out of it

Good morning, Cafe. I've brewed a strong pot. The work week has started anew.
It's a frosty morning here but we have a lovely day in store... that I won't be able to enjoy. By the time my week ends, the rain will begin again. Naturally.
Enjoy your Monday.
We never know what the day will hold for us! In the time of coronavirus...

It is colder today but we will warm up by Thursday. Next weekend might be a work outside day

Good morning, Cafe, and thanks DL. Hope that all is good with Shad.

Have to wonder what they feed them. :oops:
The news today said it was likely a handler, an infected employee at the zoo that was taking care of them. You only have to be close to spread the virus. It is air transferred and apparently you do not have to sneeze or cough to pass the virus

Last edited:
Good evening Cafe. Sorry about the morning Coffee. Just about to make some when some main house drama kicked off.
Apart from that it's been a lovely day here. It's gone from ankle deep mud to hard and dry withing a couple of days. I've been frantically weeding while the weeds are still pullable.
Too dry and you don't get the roots when you pull.

Oh yeah, two people on this mountain caught the virus. One is okay, he's in his thirties, the other will be okay but is in hospital. He's in his sixties. Both caught it from one of the family in the village whose relative died. The rest of the family still haven't been tested and are apparently self isolating at last on some strong advice from the locals. :p

Back
Top Bottom