BYC Café

I'm having a hell of a time getting that fiberglass tub and surround out.
I tried to remove the drain and it snapped in the wrench. So I used the Fein saw to cut around the drain and I'll figure out how to get it out of the pipe later.
There were holes drilled all along the bottom edge of the tub with cured expanding foam behind them. I cut out a section of the tub and the entire thing is basically foam-n-filled to the damn concrete floor. So I'll be bringing the sawzall to work tomorrow, cutting off the surround in two chunks then cutting the tub in thirds and prying each section off the floor (hopefully).
Things like this always slow me down.

I can't even imagine why anyone e would do such a thing. That's just crazy.

Hmm, let me calculate.
There's the ply that 1" marine ply. A coat of water proofing paint. Then the butile sheeting which is 1.5 mm thick. Then there's 80 mm of insulating batts. Then there's the heavy duty poly sheeting. Got drainage board on top of that. The minimum amount of earth is 10".
Each square metre will take a 1700 kilo loading.
That sounds like you built it yourself...? Impressive! :bow

I designed and built it with some help from some local builders for the ground work and shell construction.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/byc-café.948525/post-22071698
that's fantastic! Quite a slope you've got there, and neighbours! I love the simplicity of the design, and the fitting out.
Did I miss that post, or had I not yet joined the Cafe then (or am just losing my memory even worse than I thought I was)?
Need a big canon sticking out of that big window really.
:gig I imagine you've got quite an outlook there

I'm having a hell of a time getting that fiberglass tub and surround out.
I tried to remove the drain and it snapped in the wrench. So I used the Fein saw to cut around the drain and I'll figure out how to get it out of the pipe later.
There were holes drilled all along the bottom edge of the tub with cured expanding foam behind them. I cut out a section of the tub and the entire thing is basically foam-n-filled to the damn concrete floor. So I'll be bringing the sawzall to work tomorrow, cutting off the surround in two chunks then cutting the tub in thirds and prying each section off the floor (hopefully).
Things like this always slow me down.
UHG!!
Reminds me of a hot spa I had to get rid of. Bought the sawzall specifically for the project and brought a dumpster in.
Hang in there DL!

Fan ran for 5 hours last evening with nary a squeak...Whew!

Back
Top Bottom