BYC Café

Good news... bad news... good news... bad news??

Went out to lock up and do head count and all but one chick was roosted. Yay!

Opened up nest box to retrieve eggs and errant chick and found THREE broodies (hence why the chicks were roosted). Boooo!

One of the broodies is my dark eyed lovely, Astrid, who I was rooting to go broody again this year so I could let her set. Yay!

Only the maternity ward is currently in use and the chicks aren't due to hatch until July 13th if they go at 19 days as bantams are supposed to. And then I want Veronica to stay in the ward for at least 3 days until the chicks are highly mobile. So my bare bellied Astrid has to wait. I don't want to break her, just discourage her until she can have the nest.

Last edited:
Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the coffee, Tonya!

Beautiful bright day here. Caught a hummingbird snooping around my honeysuckle that's finally blooming.
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200703074349386_COVER.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well! I have a ways to go to catch up with ya...

Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the coffee, Tonya!

Beautiful bright day here. Caught a hummingbird snooping around my honeysuckle that's finally blooming.View attachment 2231046
Hope everyone is doing well! I have a ways to go to catch up with ya...
I found the hummingbird!

I have a big glass of water with me now and am working on drinking it.
Pretty much all I drink is water other than the lunch Dr. Pepper.

Tooth got pulled late last year. It's an infection in whatever is left in the way of bone and nerve canals I think.
Oh, that definitely sounds like a dentist visit is in order :(

I can't stand the smell of myself by the end of the day.
Stand upwind of yourself!

Would he have declined faster without it? Who knows.
That is always the problem isn't it! Can't go back to the fork in the road and try the other path then if desired go back to the first.

What's that? Like when you come home after finishing everything you need to do and pass out?
And then wake up in the morning to do it again.

Opened up nest box to retrieve eggs and errant chick and found THREE broodies (hence why the chicks were roosted). Boooo!
Hey at least those girls weren't chasing the littles off the roost!

Back
Top Bottom