BYC Café

I think we are talking at cross purposes.
That's what the Internet is for.:p

But I also recognize science's shortcomings and blind spots and know very well that some of what is once taken as truth may at a later date be found false. Conjectures and refutations is the key reading there.
I see this as one of the advantages of science. It evolves as new discoveries are made.
Dogma is static by comparison.

The funding of science and therefor the areas of investigation and research often isn't in the hands of the scientists. Look at the billions being poured into research for a Covid vaccine for example.
Of course I agree that science isn't perfect but I see a realty unhelpful blurring of the lines regarding what is science and what are other things and peoples lack of understanding about the limitations of science.
The Covid crisis again has demonstrated some of the problems with politics using science to advance particular agendas. The various Covid models are a good example.

Do you think the egg got crushed because she is trying to keep an eye on the other chicks while sitting?
Could be. She's not settled in like a normal broody that's for sure.
They are due to start hatching today.
This whole situation with Veronica, the bantam chicks, Astrid and her eggs has been unfortunate to say the least.
Hopefully the chick makes it but it's doubtful.

Good morning Café. Thanks for the coffee.

I met the couple that are buying dad's house last night. They are utterly committed. I gave them a list of the work items that need to be completed to get a mortgage on the house. The husband is starting right away. I'll be up to work on it when I get mom in her house and my roof done.
They gave me a $2000 deposit. I told them I thought that $190, 000 was a fair price for it once all the work was done considering I'm throwing in about $10,000 in personal property that they want. Like dad's big zero turn John Deere tractor, his monster snow blower, the washer dryer set, etc. They were thrilled.
So far, so good. This is a huge relief for me and they just couldn't be happier they are getting the house. A win, win.

had 5 pulled and a plastic set made for the top before I came out here.
I couldn't stand the thought of having them all pulled for a full plates,
or risking partials connected to teeth that are likely to fail. Costs too much.
Just have to eat carefully, enough grinder surface for most things and some things I can't do anymore.

Could be. She's not settled in like a normal broody that's for sure.
They are due to start hatching today.
This whole situation with Veronica, the bantam chicks, Astrid and her eggs has been unfortunate to say the least.
Hopefully the chick makes it but it's doubtful.
Wonder if moving the chicks out of sight and sound for a couple-few days would help her focus?

Wonder if moving the chicks out of sight and sound for a couple-few days would help her focus?
I have no where to put them really.
It's too late for the egg she crushed. Either the chick will survive or it won't.
I closed the door to the coop this morning when I tossed out the bird seed for the flock. I didn't want to trigger a reaction for her to go after it.
She was flat and puffed up this morning so I think the action is starting with the eggs.
Have you any experience with a situation like this where an egg was crushed the day before it was due to start hatching, the chick was still alive but not moving and there was only a tiny spot of blood on the damaged area? Any chance at all it will make it?

I have no where to put them really.
It's too late for the egg she crushed. Either the chick will survive or it won't.
I closed the door to the coop this morning when I tossed out the bird seed for the flock. I didn't want to trigger a reaction for her to go after it.
She was flat and puffed up this morning so I think the action is starting with the eggs.
Have you any experience with a situation like this where an egg was crushed the day before it was due to start hatching, the chick was still alive but not moving and there was only a tiny spot of blood on the damaged area? Any chance at all it will make it?
Maybe, but I would expect it to be shrink wrapped.

Back
Top Bottom