BYC Café

The other two died
Any idea at what day they died?

Well... this little one was happily welcomed by her cousins. Her cousins were thrilled to have their adoptive mother back with them.
I opened the brooder door and put Astrid on the floor. She made her way into the brooder, chick in tow. I had just put food in the bowl for the bantams and the hatchling walked up and started pecking at it with them. They treated her like she'd been there all along.
FANTASTIC!!

Autumn really has come early.
I've been calling this last week of cool, cool weather a 'false fall'....kind of like a counterpart to 'indian summer'.

early molting in some of the girls and Fabio
My cocks have always started to molt the first week of August, it is just past Lughnasadh/Lammas after all, and the days are shortening more quickly now.
A couple girls are dropping a few feathers too....have one hen acting off yesterday and today, not sure what her deal is, might isolate tonight for an exam.

afternoon all, weather is very muggy here today supposed to have thunder storms in a couple of days but might come sooner it,s so heavy .It,s my eldest grandaughters 21stbirthday tomorrow they are having a barbecue/party today but Ihaven,t gone .I.can,t drink now and theres nothing worse than being the only one sober ,besides much as i love my daughter we don,t get on when she,s drinking so best not go . My youngest grandaughter passed her driving test first time in jan uary just after her 18th so she got a second hand car ,it,s just packed up last wk so she,s gone and got another one on finance this time .nice one but something went wrong 2nd day ,the garage has had to order a new part ,apparantly the car has stood in the showroom so long during lockdown not being run at all ,the car is still working but she,s not the only one while at the garage other people were turning up with problems.

afternoon all, weather is very muggy here today supposed to have thunder storms in a couple of days but might come sooner it,s so heavy .It,s my eldest grandaughters 21stbirthday tomorrow they are having a barbecue/party today but Ihaven,t gone .I.can,t drink now and theres nothing worse than being the only one sober ,besides much as i love my daughter we don,t get on when she,s drinking so best not go . My youngest grandaughter passed her driving test first time in jan uary just after her 18th so she got a second hand car ,it,s just packed up last wk so she,s gone and got another one on finance this time .nice one but something went wrong 2nd day ,the garage has had to order a new part ,apparantly the car has stood in the showroom so long during lockdown not being run at all ,the car is still working but she,s not the only one while at the garage other people were turning up with problems.
Here in California, Family gatherings are the most common spread of Covid. Our State had 10,000 dead as of this week.

There was something called Magnum on offer; half price in fact. Little ice creams on sticks. I bought a box.
WTF is that crap!? I have never tasted worse ice cream in my life.
Popular here.

There is a Magnum shop in Venice where you can have your magnum made to order, choosing from the different ice cream fillings and then getting your chosen coating of molten chocolate... They were truly scrumptious :drool (sorry for the earworm...)
Maybe not the same company?
"Magnum is a Belgian brand of ice cream bars owned by the British-Dutch company Unilever, originally developed and produced by Frisko in the Danish city Aarhus. It is sold as part of the Heartbrand line of products in most countries."

Unilever also owns Ben & Jerry's. No idea how many other brands they own.

Back
Top Bottom