BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe. Made a fresh pot!

Breezy, but still melting outside. Anyone want to trade upcoming weather??
View attachment 2380287
We ended up with about 8" out of the weekend storm. Shoveled the whole sidewalk and was feeling pretty good that I got something physical accomplished. Finally. But boy did I pay for it. Ran out antiinflammatories Friday, so pretty apparent the hydroxychloriquine isn't doing a thing. At least not yet.
Better thee than me! I couldn't take that kind of weather...

Tonya, on the molters - I've had two sleeping in the nest boxes so far. One has since floofed up enough that she's moved back to the roost. The other one is not floofing quite as fast. She stands straight up in the box when I go in at night to check on them, as if to say "I'll move if you want me to, but for the love of God don't touch me!" :gig
I'm still hauling some of this spring's pullets out of the boxes. When I reach in and feel the pin cushions I yank my hands back and apologize.

This morning was drizzly. I hung out in the coop for a little while with maybe a dozen of the flock. Barb, a friendly second in command, who is currently in high molt, was preening when Seneca, the largest bird in the flock, decided it was a good time to take a jab at Barb.

I wish I had my camera recording it. The look on Barb's face when she turned around to address Seneca read "are you out of your friggin' skull girl??" Barb proceeded to demonstrate just why she holds second in command and drove that girl out the pop door, sans a few head and neck feathers.

After Seneca was out the door and on the run, Barb stood in the doorway, floofed and shook and about 30 feather fell out around her. I nearly died laughing.

I'm still hauling some of this spring's pullets out of the boxes. When I reach in and feel the pin cushions I yank my hands back and apologize.

This morning was drizzly. I hung out in the coop for a little while with maybe a dozen of the flock. Barb, a friendly second in command, who is currently in high molt, was preening when Seneca, the largest bird in the flock, decided it was a good time to take a jab at Barb.

I wish I had my camera recording it. The look on Barb's face when she turned around to address Seneca read "are you out of your friggin' skull girl??" Barb proceeded to demonstrate just why she holds second in command and drove that girl out the pop door, sans a few head and neck feathers.

After Seneca was out the door and on the run, Barb stood in the doorway, floofed and shook and about 30 feather fell out around her. I nearly died laughing.
Ha! Oh, I wish I could've seen that. She's not to be trifled with :clap

Is Barb the one that first hatched chicks there?

Ha! Oh, I wish I could've seen that. She's not to be trifled with :clap

Is Barb the one that first hatched chicks there?
Yep. My favorite pictures of her.
momma and baby-2.jpg

1603216374049.png

Back
Top Bottom