BYC Café

so many people equate mandates with stepping on all our freedoms, and react accordingly.
That is so true! I remember when we were mandated to wear seatbelts.

My Dad cut seatbelts out of our care when we were growing up. Now most of us would never drive without them

Big 'Got It Done' for my day.

Part of coop flooring that bends up the wall a couple inches, and should have been tacked down to begin with, curled in enough to start packing bedding behind and under pushing it out further. Noticed a couple years in, didn't think it was a big deal, but it kept getting worse and worse...and there was a tear in the flooring(that I made worse prepping for the fix), that's what really lit the fire.

Finally decided to do something about it. Simple to screw a board in place to 'fix' it, right?

First needed to get all the bedding out of there, first with hands then haul shop vac out to get most the rest, went smoother than I'd feared.

Then needed a board ~1x2", didn't have one, so moved van out of garage, got saw horses in place, screwed a 1x4 to them and ripped that sucker in half with the circular saw.

Few pilot holes drilled, a little muscle to push flooring back into place, and Viola!

Glad that last part went smooth, cause kneeling on the floor, even with a cushion, kills my knees and legs. I'll be hurting later, but sure glad I got 'er done!
It ain't pretty, but should stop the 'bad'.
View attachment 2385353
Didn't get a before shot, but looked much like this(should probably do this side too).
View attachment 2385350

Is that hard cider in the bottle with the horizontal nipples? You must have some happy laid back chickens!

I don't mind circular saw, but I do not like the table saw. Scares the crap out of me :p

I LOVE my table saw... Fabio on the other hand loathes it. :rolleyes:

Poor you and your animals. What sort of sling do you use? The Balearic ones are astonishing!

1603583213736.png

My brothers drill hand buried the circular saw in his leg saw cutting pvc a couple years ago :thThat was awful.
O
M
G!!!

Pretty sure most states require them, but that 'rule' is not really enforced.
One of these days, someone will challenge me or at least say something to me... I was picking up another roll of Ice & Water and a couple of 2x6x12s two days ago when some young guy waltzes into the Home Depot sans mask while I was waiting in the checkout line. I stared him down as soon as I saw him. He looked at me and I wouldn't look away and he got uncomfortable and walked faster to get past me. I just called out "A__hole" loud enough for him and everyone in line to hear me. He kept going and the couple behind me started chuckling.

Just so you all know, shingling a valley SUCKS!!!

I only did the least visible side of the porch roof. It's cockeyed. :rant
I stopped before laying down the last two courses. I'm going to wait for the pro to come and help me tomorrow. I can't have the main roof or the other side of the porch out of square as they will be very visible. What I did will shed water just fine but you'd be able to see the line was off at the ridge... if you climbed up on the roof of the garage or house to look at it. So it's not a big deal. But it's irksome.

Just so you all know, shingling a valley SUCKS!!!

I only did the least visible side of the porch roof. It's cockeyed. :rant
I stopped before laying down the last two courses. I'm going to wait for the pro to come and help me tomorrow. I can't have the main roof or the other side of the porch out of square as they will be very visible. What I did will shed water just fine but you'd be able to see the line was off at the ridge... if you climbed up on the roof of the garage or house to look at it. So it's not a big deal. But it's irksome.
It is a skill to do stuff like that!

Sheet rocking is one too

One of these days, someone will challenge me or at least say something to me... I was picking up another roll of Ice & Water and a couple of 2x6x12s two days ago when some young guy waltzes into the Home Depot sans mask while I was waiting in the checkout line. I stared him down as soon as I saw him. He looked at me and I wouldn't look away and he got uncomfortable and walked faster to get past me. I just called out "A__hole" loud enough for him and everyone in line to hear me. He kept going and the couple behind me started chuckling.

:love

He then said, "on the other hand, who's going to see what you're doing back here? You could always do it without a permit. HEY! I didn't say that!" :eek:
Well, if it is in the back of the house no one will see if it is finished right? And if you finish it after your permit expires and the inspector comes at a later date, they won't know when you finished it.

I think it goes something like this; "I might look like a bag of nails but I'm not having any of you lot taking the piss." Three quick scraps this morning and then off to sulk.
That is interesting. My "pincushions" hide from all the other hens. Even the normally most assertive of them get shy when they go bald.

I had a minor meltdown, went back up on the roof to settle down but I'm just done in.
:hugs You have a LOT on your plate with THREE houses in the works plus DH needing your help. Please take care of yourself and not flame out.

I don't mind circular saw, but I do not like the table saw. Scares the crap out of me :p
I think table saws, with safety in mind, are safer than circular saws. The dangerous moving part is fixed in space. But one needs feather boards and/or "dogs" to keep the wood piece from kicking back.

I can handle the first two, it's the router that scares me. Had one and took it back. Ripped a board out of my hand and tossed it across the room. Done!
The router was on a table or was the wood fixed down?

Some States do not have a mask requirement-- I think South Dakota is one.
That might be why they are an "impressive" #2 on the new daily cases/100K people list. Right after North Dakota.

My Dad cut seatbelts out of our care when we were growing up. Now most of us would never drive without them
Funny, my Dad put seatbelts in the car before they came as standard equipment.

I'd rather hang sheet rock. And I HATE that!
I don't mind hanging it but I truly suck at taping. Find a professional, it is an art.

Back
Top Bottom