BYC Café

Ribh! So happy to see you :hugs I was just enjoying your beautiful rainbow picture. I'd love to be sitting there about now.

Are you headed into summer?
We should be heading into really hot weather by now but it hasn't really warmed up @ all yet. I don't mind it being a bit cooler for longer but I'm not sure you'd've really wanted to be sitting watching that rainbow. It came @ the end of a massive storm that took out both our power & internet. 🤣 We have some really odd weather headed our way but I can do anything but the sort of cold you guys get. How do you do it?!

We should be heading into really hot weather by now but it hasn't really warmed up @ all yet. I don't mind it being a bit cooler for longer but I'm not sure you'd've really wanted to be sitting watching that rainbow. It came @ the end of a massive storm that took out both our power & internet. 🤣 We have some really odd weather headed our way but I can do anything but the sort of cold you guys get. How do you do it?!
Ah, it was the calm after the storm :lol: Such brilliant colors, though! I wonder if we'll all get strange weather this year. In keeping with the times, I guess...

As to how - layers. Layers upon layers. My husband has this huge, orange insulated coat (he's more than a foot taller than me) that is my go-to when It's really cold. I can tuck my knees into that puppy! Other than that, I basically kick and scream my way through winter. I'm a big baby :confused:

Ah, it was the calm after the storm :lol: Such brilliant colors, though! I wonder if we'll all get strange weather this year. In keeping with the times, I guess...

As to how - layers. Layers upon layers. My husband has this huge, orange insulated coat (he's more than a foot taller than me) that is my go-to when It's really cold. I can tuck my knees into that puppy! Other than that, I basically kick and scream my way through winter. I'm a big baby :confused:
Hmmm...I've never found layering works real well for me. Not even thermals though they do help some. Once I'm cold I'm cold in my bones. 🥶 I really don't think I could do one of your winters.

Hmmm...I've never found layering works real well for me. Not even thermals though they do help some. Once I'm cold I'm cold in my bones. 🥶 I really don't think I could do one of your winters.
See and this is my issue, as well. I've always had problems with the cold. My dad and I were talking the other day about snowmobiling when I was a kid. Everyone else was fine and I was balling my eyes out because the pain in my feet was so bad. I was only 6 or 7yrs old.

Currently in a t-shirt, long sleeve, thick sweatshirt and scarf and it's 72° inside
smiley brrr.gif

Bad circulation I guess.

See and this is my issue, as well. I've always had problems with the cold. My dad and I were talking the other day about snowmobiling when I was a kid. Everyone else was fine and I was balling my eyes out because the pain in my feet was so bad. I was only 6 or 7yrs old.

Currently in a t-shirt, long sleeve, thick sweatshirt and scarf and it's 72° inside View attachment 2388263

Bad circulation I guess.
Sounds like me. I'll be wearing a jumper on the jetty when everyone else is in shorts & Ts.

EDTA: Jumper = sweatshirt/jersey/guernsey/pullover here not a dress. In case. I never know which words have crossed the ocean sometimes & which create confusion :)

Currently in a t-shirt, long sleeve, thick sweatshirt and scarf and it's 72° inside View attachment 2388263

Bad circulation I guess.

I've got a very narrow comfort range when it comes to temperature; below 10C and I'm too chilly to sit still, above 30C and I'm too hot to move around.:hmm

Three fair weather friends :highfive:

Did you say a storm rolled in there?
I did and it did and it's still rumbling away on the next mountain. Spectacular lightning display. I like going wlaking in them if it isn't cold. There's a particular spot on the East ridge that's great for storm watchng. The whole circuit from house, along ridge and back is only a 25 minute walk at my pace which is quite quick. The rosehip brambles grow up there along with the strawberry trees and ferns that just don't grow 50 metres lower.

Back
Top Bottom