BYC Café

Pizza for dinner! Ham, roasted green chilies, peaches, pineapple, and feta.
Come an get it!
Love pineapple and ham on pizza, but you lost me at feta...
....and peaches, on pizza!? Never heard of that one before!

Had scrambled eggs and waffle iron hashbrowns(gets 'em nice and crispy)

Poop delivery day.
I fill 3 buckets, sifted off the poop boards, then drop off to composting friends.
They empty, rinse, and bring them back a few days later.
Great scenario, for 7 years now.

Couple other errands to run, looking forward to a little change of scenery.
I compost what comes out of my coop with garden waste and grass clippings. With the current population, I dump the bucket about every 5 to 6 days. I tend to shatter the buckets in the winter when I bang them on the side of the bin to break the frozen mass out.
Driving down Main St this summer, I saw that someone put out a veritable tower of empty cat litter buckets with the lids. I stopped the car and loaded up. They are in my garage.
Bring it on poopers, bring it on.

I compost what comes out of my coop with garden waste and grass clippings. With the current population, I dump the bucket about every 5 to 6 days. I tend to shatter the buckets in the winter when I bang them on the side of the bin to break the frozen mass out.
Driving down Main St this summer, I saw that someone put out a veritable tower of empty cat litter buckets with the lids. I stopped the car and loaded up. They are in my garage.
I don't have a compost....so pass it on to the ones who do.
I'd probably chuck it into the woods otherwise, but am glad to have it used.
Yes, the cat litter buckets work good...some better than others.
They've held up pretty good, they are pretty careful.
Tho J just had his knee replaced and T might not be as careful.
J was the bucket rinser, don't think T will....
...tho her nickname is TidyTess because she obsessively cleans everything!
Time will tell.

You need metal buckets... The poop goes into compost piles out beyond the coops, but because I have a lot of birds I get a lot of poop. Makes everything in the gardens grow well.

You need metal buckets... The poop goes into compost piles out beyond the coops, but because I have a lot of birds I get a lot of poop. Makes everything in the gardens grow well.
I'm not handling metal buckets in the winter. I go through about 3 buckets a year. They are in constant supply from me and all the people I know that have cats. And they're free.

Back
Top Bottom