BYC Café

Thank you, Perris! We're very excited.

We've got 40 calves on the ground, now. Here is Fionas' baby (she is a chewy baby). She was AI'd to a highlander.
View attachment 2489593

ETA: phone isn't at smart as it thinks!

Morning darn Meg they are so cute miss that part of life:frow

How did it go ? I hope the sedation did not worsen his condition.
The procedure went fine. He's very comfortable right now. However the site was numbed and he's walking around asking why it feels so funny down there! He said "I'm a numbnuts!"

One of the reasons I was so happy that DH's appointment was moved up 3 hours is it gave me more time to treat some hens in the flock that have had poopy butt that I wanted to clean up. Unfortunately, Seneca appears to have a semi necrotic prolapsed vent. And Peanut appears to have acites. Peanut otherwise seems to be fine. Seneca however is showing signs of distress. I soaked Seneca for at least 25 minutes in warm soapy water that was changed three times. I gently scrubbed at the vent with a soft bristle toothbrush and could not get it clean. That's part of the reason why I think she's got some necrosis. I smeared her vent with triple antibiotic ointment and just raw organic honey. I dried her and put her back in the coop. I'm going to see if the antibiotic ointment and honey soften things up and I can clean her up better tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the prolapse back in.

Back
Top Bottom