BYC Café

I don't believe that at all. Rather not inclined while engaging otherwise?
Maybe....my brain definitely has some hiccups.
My sister tried to teach me French, she is fluent, when I was in middle school.
I just didn't get it. Didn't get Spanish in HS either.
Was having a hard enough time learning English sentence structure,
and the French was 'backwards'.
Her husband knows 3-4-5 languages, he was born in Spain and raised in France, she brought him home from college study abroad. I helped him learn English slang.
Yeah, language not my forte.

Maybe....my brain definitely has some hiccups.
My sister tried to teach me French, she is fluent, when I was in middle school.
I just didn't get it. Didn't get Spanish in HS either.
Was having a hard enough time learning English sentence structure,
and the French was 'backwards'.
Her husband knows 3-4-5 languages, he was born in Spain and raised in France, she brought him home from college study abroad. I helped him learn English slang.
Yeah, language not my forte.
So, where do your true passions lie?

Well, at least something is finally going my way today.
Two mice moved into the run and coop. Little vermin were living like royalty in there. They dragged piles of feathers under the heated waterer base to nest in, drank the water out of the waterer and ate left over chicken feed every night, crapping in the feeders for a service tip. :mad:
I put baited, unset traps inside a crate and put it in the run to make sure the chickens couldn't reach them.
They couldn't.
I set them.
SNAP! Got one!
I'm debating on whether I should unload it in the run for the chickens at breakfast. They wouldn't take care of the live ones so I don't know if they'd eat it or not.

The best the rest of us can hope for is we will hear a little bit less about how the USA is such a wondeful democracy and we should all follow it's example.
Exactly what I was thinking while listening to the BBC today. Story about the election in Uganda yesterday. Opposition is claiming voter fraud caused them to lose.

Mushers Secret
I think that is what Morgan Gold (Goldshaw Farm on YouTube) uses on his Maremma's pads to keep the snow and ice from causing foot pad problems.

I'm wrestling with all this. I don't feel she's suffering but do feel she will, and soon, if she can't get some weight on and keep her food down. She'll start having organ failure.
Probably a far reach but did they check for thyroid issues? Our then 11 year old cat started losing serious weight 2 years ago (though I don't recall vomiting), radioactive iodine treatment cured her.

Trying to be quiet so I don't wake anyone at this hour.
You are VERY considerate Tonya!

Probably a far reach but did they check for thyroid issues? Our then 11 year old cat started losing weight 2 years ago (though I don't recall vomiting), radioactive iodine treatment cured her.
Her thyroid levels were checked. They were normal.
She had a very good day today. Ate like a pig. Very content. One day at a time. I'm hoping the longer I give her the daily famotidine the better she'll hold her food down.

Yup, plus a cushion with a hole in to take the pressure off the core. Don't know what the ointment is yet.
What can you get for a drawing salve/poultice where you are?

DD1 makes her own drawing poultice.

Comfrey infused coconut oil
Shea butter
Activated charcoal
Lavender oil
Tea tree oil &
Avocado oil

It’s scary looking. Like tar.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom