BYC Café

Decades ago, my now BIL had just finished burping my oldest niece. She let out a good belch so he hoisted his little darling into the air right over him and smiled and told her what a good burp that was! She barfed on his face and it went in his mouth. :lol:🤮🤣🤮🤮.
It may very well have been that moment right then and there when I decided never to have children.

:celebrateNeice did to her father he then replied with vomit of his own :celebrate

:celebrateNeice did to her father he then replied with vomit of his own :celebrate
When the Daughters were young and I was in a Masters Program, The class was at lunch. There was a bad mess and I cleaned it up. Someone commented that I was able to clean it up and not vomit!

I said that I had toddlers LOL!

Please, help me out here: does it have to be 'prefer over' or 'prefer to'?
As others have suggested, I think both are fine. The unofficial guardians of UK English (to wit, the OED) have become a lot more flexible over the last decade or so, and the prevailing philosophy is that how people actually speak and write now determines what goes in the grammars, not vice versa - even split infinitives are approved these days! I don't know who decides on correctness, or how, in American English.

Back
Top Bottom