BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe', coffee is brewed. @DobieLover - glad that you had a good evening. The Princess and I went out to celebrate her birthday so Maggie was crated while we were gone. When we got home she was understandably wired big time - racing, playing and carrying on. In one of her jumps (she can jump 4' up from a standstill) she inadvertently came down on my right fore arm. I was only wearing a T shirt instead of my usual henley and she gashed across the entire top of my fore arm. Friable old man skin and low clotting factor resulted in a bit of bleeding - blood freaks the Princess, but all is good. I am/always have been a quick healer and arm is fine - just another dog scar. My hands are covered with little scars from puppy teeth and toenails.

It's the last chilly morning before the warm up!
Yep, same here...I'm ready for the patio ice to be gone!
1615123295150.png

Good morning, Cafe', coffee is brewed. @DobieLover - glad that you had a good evening. The Princess and I went out to celebrate her birthday so Maggie was crated while we were gone. When we got home she was understandably wired big time - racing, playing and carrying on. In one of her jumps (she can jump 4' up from a standstill) she inadvertently came down on my right fore arm. I was only wearing a T shirt instead of my usual henley and she gashed across the entire top of my fore arm. Friable old man skin and low clotting factor resulted in a bit of bleeding - blood freaks the Princess, but all is good. I am/always have been a quick healer and arm is fine - just another dog scar. My hands are covered with little scars from puppy teeth and toenails.
hubby's skin is like parchment paper--he has same problem. glad all is well and Princess happy birthday!

Yep, same here...I'm ready for the patio ice to be gone!
View attachment 2559284
Oooo! 60's!!! Lucky you. We have one day this week where it will peak just over 60. I'm supposed to work that day but I think I'll swizzle my schedule around so I will be home then instead. As long as Nan is able to accommodate me.

To a certain degree I prefer the snow.
I completely agree.
One year the mud was so bad on the path to the coop that I laid down a layer of wood chips. Just like in the run, it worked great. It all decomposed and has become part of the soil since then. I'm getting another load tomorrow and doing it again.
This fall I'm installing a loose lay full color flagstone walkway to connect the stairs off the deck, mudroom, down to the garage walkway and out to the coop and run doors.

Back
Top Bottom