BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the coffee, DL! I'll drool over the croissant because it sounds delish.

It's been madness around here, but the trees are finally getting leaves and it's supposed to be 80° today. Cold and rainy for the weekend, of course, but we can use the rain. Awful dry right now.

View attachment 2653011
Got some tomato clippings sprouted and ready to go into dirt!
View attachment 2653013
Found a kitty, named her Hannibal. She now has a buddy from the same litter that I found yesterday. Poor little things.
View attachment 2653019
Babies are getting big.

Hope to get the sprinklers turned on tonight and do some cleanup done around the yard this weekend. We cut some dangling branches off our golden willows and they are growing well in tubs of dirt. Now I need to find somewhere to plant them!
You are welcome to plant willows along the river here!

I'm glad someone is having a good experience with Gurney. I won't order from them again.

I ordered onion sets March 1. They were listed as "ready to ship" by April 1. I got them May 1. I specifically ordered Red Baron, as I had those last year and they were great. Gurney was the only one who had them. I received "red onions," and some of the sets are mush.

Add to that all the junk email I got from 5 different places after I ordered. Every day. Yes, I unsubscribed, but it took awhile for that message to get through.

Several people on the garden thread have said negative things about trees they've ordered from Gurney too. Sigh.
That's wild. I had just about the same problem with Burpees. In January I ordered 300 onion sets and 4 pounds of Yukon Gold seed potatoes along with seed. Got the seed. Was told the onions and potatoes would ship after April 12. I called and had them check the order the end of April. They assured me all zone 5 orders would be out by April 30th. May 1st, no potatoes no Onions, no notification. I called again on Saturday. Nope, still hadn't gone out and they were even puzzled as to why they weren't to me sooner. They finally got here yesterday.

Last night I went out to plant the 300 onion sets. Red, Yellow and White onions. The red had about 10-15 dried up mushy husks in the package, the whites were even worse and very small. The yellows had one or two BIG bulbs in the bag and fewer bad sets but they were smaller than I like also.

I ordered more onions from Gurney's on Sunday. They shipped late Monday and I'll probably have them tomorrow or the next day.

I'll let you know how the quality is. The Yukon Gold seed potatoes were decent enough,. I cut them and they are curing now and hopefully will be in the ground before it rains Saturday night.

:love

1620329752549.png

Back
Top Bottom