BYC Café

FIL called yesterday to warn us about the gas shortage issues down in NC.
It's a bit absurd, really. Anyone else remember when this pipeline went down some years ago? Wilmington actually fared pretty well though that; we have fuel coming in through the port all the time, so we just became a busier distribution point than we had previously been. The tank farm down at the port is at something like 80% capacity, so there really isn't a shortage of fuel per se; the problem is that the trucks that are standing in line on Front street, waiting their turn to fill up, can't get to the gas stations faster than panicked people are buying up what they deliver.

I must confess, when I heard how silly people were being, I slipped out at, like, 6:00 Tuesday morning to see if I could find a station that had gas. When I did, I topped up the car, then went home, got the Explorer, and did the same with it. I'd have needed to put gas in both of them before the weekend anyway; I can't decide whether I feel more smug for having beaten the crowds, or embarrassed for participating in the nonsense. :rolleyes: Every time I creep past one of the gas lines that inevitably form wherever a delivery has been made, I am thankful that I made that choice, though.:oops:
Laptop screen died last night after a fall from a chair. 3-5 business days (and $$) to replace it.
For quite some time now, I've been using an external monitor hooked to a laptop. It takes some getting used to, but it's a lot cheaper than replacing the screen.:idunno If you already have a monitor, an adapter might be an inexpensive stop-gap that will keep you from having to squint at your phone until the repair part arrives.

@sourland When I told BB2K that you and the Princess had a golden doodle puppy, she said, "O. M. G. WHY??!" She has had to deal with a few of them at the vet's office where she works, and says they are all nuts. Sweet dogs, generally, but crazy high energy. :th

And - oh, yeah - Critter and I got our first Moderna jabs today. So far, so good.

@Bunnylady no need for embarrassment. You saved yourself aggravation in the long run. Why didn't BB2K warn me? :barnie I have to admit that we have never had a dog that makes me laugh as much as Maggie Mae. She sure operates at extremes. Good on the vaccine. Hope that you have little to no reaction. Princess and I handled it well.

Back
Top Bottom