BYC Café

We just got back from DHs appointment and a quick look at the inventory at a local furniture/decoration consignment shop (I saw an antique drop leaf side table that I NEED) to get DHs bags. He's on his way now.
It's 78F and feeling pretty warm so I went out into the run to turn on the floor fan, mostly for the broody brats in the crate.
Jody gave me a heart attack! She looked dead. She was laying on the little piece of board next to Tonk with her wings spread out and her face hanging off the edge not moving.
She woke up and sprang to life when I said "OMG!" Then I said it again with a decidedly different tone when I realized she hadn't actually died for no apparent reason.
I reached in to refill their food container that they ate/spilled and found that Jody laid an egg in there and it landed on the chair under the crate (thankfully it was just big enough not to fall through one of the openings in the chair seat). She can't be that serious about being broody again if she laid an egg so I sprang her. She was in for 2 nights and 1.5 days.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
It's a wonderful 55F out with bright blue skies.
DH has an appointment with a nurse in Urology to find out how much higher his PSA levels are and to discuss what exactly we are "observing" regarding that number and his prostate cancer. Jr will be there. Then he's off for a 2 week vacation. I'm very much looking forward to the break. I really need it.
Enjoy the break!

Today is the second of the hottest days of the current heat wave. Yesterday I say 115F on Accuweather. Today is predicted to be 108F and then we go down to 101F tomorrow.

The rest of the 10 day shows highs from 85F to the mid 90's. Much nicer temps!

Betty just got out after a week! Boy did SHE hang on.

Relatively speaking!! Those temps here would elicit a lot of complaining.
I know!

The normal high for this Month is 89F so being close or below that is good news.

We are breaking daily record highs this week.

I have a tank like this.

IMG_1051.JPG

The bottom opening is like this.

IMG_1048.JPG

Does anyone know what kind of threaded fitting I can get to attach to regular garden hose? I'm at a loss as to know what to ask for, so I figure someone here knows what it is.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom