BYC Café

How did it go, are you satisfied with the outcome?
Overall, yes, satisfied.
Kinda sad my stamina/mobility issues made me take this short cut,
but I have some meat and the forest creatures will get a snack,
and I took care of my 'extra cockerel problem'.

My knives weren't sharp enough, but I had a couple brand new utility knives.
Getting the skin off the bottom of legs was a bear,
but the 3rd and last one went much smoother.

Overall, yes, satisfied.
Kinda sad my stamina/mobility issues made me take this short cut,
but I have some meat and the forest creatures will get a snack,
and I took care of my 'extra cockerel problem'.

My knives weren't sharp enough, but I had a couple brand new utility knives.
Getting the skin off the bottom of legs was a bear,
but the 3rd and last one went much smoother.
Yes, the dwindling mobility and strength is something we'll all have to come to terms with, although sometimes I just don't seem to be able to put up with it :barnie

But I found it much easier to skin when hanging them as high as slightly over my head, so I was able to use my own weight while pulling down.

Yes, the dwindling mobility and strength is something we'll all have to come to terms with, although sometimes I just don't seem to be able to put up with it
OhYeah, at least once a week I'm in tears over the losses. SO frustrating!

But I found it much easier to skin when hanging them as high as slightly over my head, so I was able to use my own weight while pulling down.
I only partially skinned them, just enough to get the breasts, thighs, and legs.
Most came off easy, except the one attachment on keel bone, then all around the lower legs. Once I figured out where to cut it was fairly simple.
Nice having no blood(well there was a bit from one after CD, that I didn't realize happened until I saw spatters all over the floor<rollseyes>) and no guts and no feathers to clean up. Everything is already pretty much cleaned up and done. Meat still in chiller but will be easy to final rinse and slip into bags for resting then the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom