BYC Café

Astrid has been having visitors.
IMG_20210731_203052278.jpg

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready. It's another fine cool clear morning here.

I had a great day yesterday. One guy came out in the morning and bought the miter saw with the burned out motor.
Another guy came out a little later wanting the power post hole digger. He left with his SUV stuffed full and is coming back for more today!! His friend is buying the two 24'x20" aluminum pick planks & the 28' ext ladder.
We got to talking and he is in the process of flipping the house across the street from him. We started swapping stories about that. I brought him in the house to show him the cultured stone behind the woodstove because I wanted him to take the 1.25 boxes I had left of it that I wasn't going to use. He loved it and took the boxes and will be giving me several pieces of Trex decking in exchange so I can build up the walls on my trailer better.
DH was friendly but never said a peep and I explained why and how this is why I am now doing everything by myself and how hard it can be. He had a horrible accident and is now medically retired from the police force and struggled with what happened to him. We had a ton in common and he was such a nice person. We hit it off like long lost friends and rambled on for at least 1 1/2 hours.
After he left, I finally tackled the job I've been avoiding. Another one of those "I know how to do this but I've never done it before" things that make me avoid it. I removed the eave from the front of the house under the new porch roof. I tapped into the coach lamp that is out there as I am going to run recessed LED lights in the porch ceiling that will come on with the coach lamp.
IMG_20210731_175249886.jpg

I had a great day and hope to have another one today before the thunderstorms start.

Last edited:
Good morning! High's in the upper 60's for most of the week here with rain chances.
It is damp and cloudy out there, so the coffee is back to being more appreciated in the mornings. DL, it sounds like a productive day and I am glad that you found a home for most of the stuff. Sour, how are your dogs doing this season?
I am off and running...

DL, glad to hear you had a great day. Those are so uplifting!

We had a great day yesterday with friends, even though we were over there to help out by doing their yard work. Somehow, it's not work when you're doing something for people you love.

Hubby went to work at 11 pm last night for an overnight shift -- not his usual time. But this way, he can have the place to himself, and it's cooler. He got his stuff done in about 5 hours, came home, and zonked out on the couch. He is such a hard worker. And his employer knows he's lucky to have him work there. Being appreciated makes a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom