BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. I did indeed brew some coffee. I can't start my day without it.
Finished dolls, shop, designs? Pictures and explanation please.
I'm working from home today.
It's 52 right now with a high of 54 today going down to 41 tonight. Will is once again in danger of being fired at.

Last edited:
Good morning Cafe. I did indeed brew some coffee. I can't stay my day without it.
Finished dolls, shop, designs? Pictures and explanation please.
I'm working from home today.
It's 52 right now with a high of 54 today going down to 41 tonight. Will is once again in danger of being fired at.
I've been a folk artist since 2010, making original folk art and art dolls, along with some antique reproductions. Mostly cloth and paper clay, sculpted, painted, etc. A lot of it is mixed media, anything from old egg beaters to cornucopia baskets. But I took a year & a half off so we could sell one house and finish another just built in 2020. Back to work now, and finished 6 miniature Izannah Walker repros for the shop. My profile page has links--I don't like to advertise at folks.

But here are a couple of the wee dolls (only half of them dressed at this point). They're around 7.5" tall. I can't WAIT to get back to the originals! :) Partly because they're bigger and I won't go around crossed-eyed after a couple hours' work.

Attachments

• b.JPG
    b.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 2
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 2
Will is once again in danger of being fired at.
Huh, Who, Why?

Chilly out there, enough that the unheated house(61°F) feels warm after morning chores.
Was drab and rainy all day yesterday, still cloudy today.
Lots of rain in the 10-day, should really get some mowing done tomorrow in the sun.

Sunny right now. When the grass dries, I'm going to see if either garden got frost.

One hen stopped laying, one hen started. One pullets looks like it might happen in a month, one pullet looks like it'll be next spring. The other hen and pullet, who knows? :idunno

@aart, when do you decide it's too cold and turn on the heat? 61 sounds chilly to me.

I put tea on this morning (may have to quit coffee, so y'all let me know if I lose my Cafe Card because of it).
No problem! Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, whatever you prefer is acceptable in the cafe.

But here are a couple of the wee dolls
Beyond very impressive Jan!!

when do you decide it's too cold and turn on the heat?
When you can no longer feel your fingers to push the "heat" switch on the thermostat?

Nothing serious I hope!
That's what we hope too. Over a month ago DH had eye surgery on both eyes and ever since we have to go to follow-up examinations etc. at regular intervals. At first every other day but the intervals were already at once a week when his right eye suddenly got much worse and they detected "some kind of swelling" behind the macula.
For better diagnostic procedures (they have much better equipment) he was again referred to the ophthalmic clinic where the surgeries had been performed, next appointment for close inspection in November to see if it gets better with the prescribed medication. But in between he also has control examinations at the regular ophthalmologist.

He is already more than fed up with all the ordered immobilization and dying to be able to hunt again.

Back
Top Bottom