BYC Café

Sorry, @aart. I know DH would trade our weather (clear, -2) for your snow.

I'm so ready for 30s and 40s. We get mid 30s in a week, so there is hope on my horizon.

I ordered a couple of classes on DVD, but they haven't arrived yet. I need something to do while everything outside is frozen. :hmm

I put a dish of snow in the coop for the chickens, in case they don't want to go out for water. Poor Darl, my roo, is going to lose parts of his wattles and comb again, due to frostbite. None of the girls have any issues. He does have significantly more "headgear" than they do.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't complain about our balmy 15°.
It's snowing pretty good out there, not even showing on radar.

ETA...I like to wait until the snow events are over before clearing driveway,
but guess I'm SOL for today. SMH.

Last edited:

I'm so ready for 30s and 40s. We get mid 30s in a week, so there is hope on my horizon.

I ordered a couple of classes on DVD, but they haven't arrived yet. I need something to do while everything outside is frozen. :hmm

I put a dish of snow in the coop for the chickens, in case they don't want to go out for water. Poor Darl, my roo, is going to lose parts of his wattles and comb again, due to frostbite. None of the girls have any issues. He does have significantly more "headgear" than they do.
That's usually a ventilation issue. Have you tried coconut oil on it?

That's usually a ventilation issue. Have you tried coconut oil on it?
FB is almost impossible to prevent at certain temps.
Ventilation can help, and essential for air quality, but it's no guarantee against FB.

No kind of 'goop' will prevent or cure FB, best to leave it be.

"Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing."
--Phyllis Diller
My mother LOVED Phyllis....I laugh just think about her laughing while watching Phyllis.

Yeah, i was at the dentist recently for a root canal. Not as bad as ones i had in the past.
I am way past root canals, have more than a few along with many crowns.
All are breaking down and I have only one decent grinding set left,
I suspect those are close to having to be removed.

Back
Top Bottom