BYC Café

Another broody, the 4th different bird in as many weeks.
I banded her last night and she was back in nest this morning.
Am damn glad they are going one at a time so I don't need to set up more than one breaker crate(knocks wood).
Well, knocking wood didn't work, think I've got another broody in there.
...and the one in the crate is not due out for 2 more days. SMH.

Found the chip pile is in better shape than I thought, plenty of chunky chips left to bolster the run bedding. Was able to move 2 loads yesterday and 2 loads today, now my foot says no more.

Good morning! 4 inches of snow out there but not too cold. More rain and snow coming in for today and tonight and then..., high of 70F on Friday. Yes, bipolar is correct!
Enjoy the day, Cafe! I will, hopefully, as well.
We had over 3" of rain! More daily until Saturday. Ugh, so tired of it!

I took the dogs to the Milford dog park in the early afternoon. The first pair of dogs to show up in the "large" dog section were completely unruly, undisciplined and out of control. The first one jumped up on the top of the picnic table I was sitting at, ran over my purse then peed on the table and kept trying climb on me.
The second dog peed right on the concrete next to the table.
I scooped up my purse and went over to the benches and sat down to get away from them. The first dog came running up to the bench that backed up the one that I was on and proceeded to throw itself over onto me and my side of the bench.
I immediately gathered my things, hooked up the dogs and headed for the gate to leave. And that stupid dog followed me out into the vestibule area so I couldn't even leave. The owner came up and said, "oh she's just friendly."
I just looked at her and said nothing. I should have said "no, she's rude and unruly and you need to train her more before you bring her back."
I just looked at her and walked out the gate.
Right next to the park is a little place called Goat Island. It's a 9 acre island in the middle of the Mispillion river. They've got a nice little hiking trail there. We enjoyed that.
IMG_20220524_175021149.jpg
IMG_20220524_175058699.jpg
IMG_20220524_150307906.jpg
IMG_20220524_174951557.jpg
IMG_20220524_150646781.jpg
IMG_20220524_150816535.jpg

That's part of the reason we don't go to
I took the dogs to the Milford dog park in the early afternoon. The first pair of dogs to show up in the "large" dog section were completely unruly, undisciplined and out of control. The first one jumped up on the top of the picnic table I was sitting at, ran over my purse then peed on the table and kept trying climb on me.
I scooped up my purse and went over to the benches and sat down to get away from them. The first dog came running up to the bench that backed up the one that I was on and proceeded to throw itself over onto me and my side of the bench.
I immediately gathered my things, hooked up the dogs and headed for the gate to leave. And that stupid dog followed me out into the vestibule area so I couldn't even leave. The owner came up and said, "oh she's just friendly."
I just looked at her and said nothing. I should have said "no, she's rude and unruly and you need to train her more before you bring her back."
Right next to the park is a little place called goat island. It's a 9 acre island in the middle of the Mispillion river. They've got a nice little hiking trail there. We enjoyed that.
View attachment 3122384View attachment 3122385View attachment 3122387View attachment 3122388View attachment 3122389View attachment 3122390
That's part of the reason we don't go to dog parks. Other reason, we live on 13 acres.

That's part of the reason we don't go to

That's part of the reason we don't go to dog parks. Other reason, we live on 13 acres.
At home I don't go to dog parks. But here there's no other place for her to play with dogs and she absolutely loves to play with them.
We went back later in the afternoon and there were a lot of dogs there but they were all in the small dog section. A large poodle showed up and went into the small dog section! I took that as a direct insult to Bella. The poor girl was literally bouncing on the other side of the fence so desperate to try to play with the dogs. After about 20 minutes of that we went home.

Right next to the park is a little place called Goat Island. It's a 9 acre island in the middle of the Mispillion river. They've got a nice little hiking trail there. We enjoyed that.
View attachment 3122384View attachment 3122385View attachment 3122387View attachment 3122388View attachment 3122389View attachment 3122390
It is a very pretty place!

Good afternoon! After another 5 inches of snow last night, we have 3 whole days of sunshine and warmer. My plants are happy!
GS did NOT leave with his bio-parents today :bow.. and the Judge will issue her ruling for what is to happen in the future on Friday. I think parenting classes are on the menu for them as they really need some help with another baby on the way. :wee

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

We stopped at the Little Creek dog park on the way back to the beach house yesterday. Once in there, DH was thirsty so I darted back to the car to get the thermos of ice water and nearly got tied up in this guy.
IMG_20220525_151048189.jpg
IMG_20220525_151116104.jpg

He was about 3 ft long, very docile and gorgeous!

After the dog park we went to Pickering Beach.
IMG_20220525_164451407.jpg

If you zoom in you can see the large flock of shore birds that was further down the beach.

Back
Top Bottom