BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

Just as work was winding down yesterday I got a call from the house manager where DH is. She put him on the phone and within 30 seconds he was crying. He can't really say any longer what he wants but it was PAINFULLY clear to me that he misses me. I told her I was coming right down to get him and literally ran in grabbed the key and was down there in 2 minutes... still in my work clothes with a tape measure clipped to my hip and covered in saw dust. As soon as he saw me his eyes welled up and he started crying. It was horrible! I just grabbed him in a big bear hug and kept telling him, I'm just trying to get the roof back on the house.
I took him home and let him help me take out the garbage and recycling, clean the scrap wood out of the lawn and put it in the wheelbarrow, then set him in a chair on the deck with a thermos of ice water and chattered away at him while I watered plants, started the burn pile, finished cleaning the work site and roasted our veggies on the grill then made Italian sausage for our dinner. He was very happy to just be there.
I gave him a shower, a manicure and pedicure and took him home and he started to wobble again but I assured him I'd get him again tonight before clean up and we'd have dinner again today.
I keep asking him if he likes it there and if everyone is nice to him and he says he likes it. I know he likes the main full time day and night aides but there is someone there that he refers to as "nasty". I want to get to the bottom of that and report it to the house manager. I will NOT have someone mis-treating him because of his disease.

And not surprisingly, after all that emotional strain, I wasn't in a good frame of mind when I got home and quickly passed out on the couch. Then went to bed. Then this morning I realized I didn't do lock up and head count. I could hear the boys crowing and Jody wailing in the broody breaker so I knew all was well and watched them on the cameras as they wandered out into the pen this morning. All I can say is thank goodness for my first line of defense out there. Not much tries that fence again after getting hit one time.

Last edited:

Just as work was winding down yesterday I got a call from the house manager where DH is. She put him on the phone and within 30 seconds he was crying. He can't really say any longer what he wants but it was PAINFULLY clear to me that he misses me. I told her I was coming right down to get him and literally ran in grabbed the key and was down there in 2 minutes... still in my work clothes with a tape measure clipped to my hip and covered in saw dust. As soon as he saw me his eyes welled up and he started crying. It was horrible! I just grabbed him in a big bear hug and kept telling him, I'm just trying to get the roof back on the house.
I took him home and let him help me take out the garbage and recycling, clean the scrap wood out of the lawn and put it in the wheelbarrow, then set him in a chair on the deck with a thermos of ice water and chattered away at him while I watered plants, started the burn pile, finished cleaning the work site and roasted our veggies on the grill then made Italian sausage for our dinner. He was very happy to just be there.
I gave him a shower, a manicure and pedicure and took him home and he started to wobble again but I assured him I'd get him again tonight before clean up and we'd have dinner again today.
I keep asking him if he likes it there and if everyone is nice to him and he says he likes it. I know he likes the main full time day and night aides but there is someone there that he refers to as "nasty". I want to get to the bottom of that and report it to the house manager. I will NOT have someone mis-treating him because of his disease.

And not surprisingly, after all that emotional strain, I wasn't in a good frame of mind when I got home and quickly passed out on the couch. Then went to bed. Then this morning realized I didn't do lock up and head count. I could hear the boys crowing and Jody wailing in the broody breaker so I knew all was well and watched them on the cameras as they wandered out into the pen this morning. All I can say is thank goodness for my first line of defense out there. Not much tries that fence after getting hit one time.
As I keep stewing over DH saying that there is someone there that is "nasty", I started typing into my Google search bar, "Is it legal to use a nanny cam in a nursing home" and as soon as I finished typing the word "nanny" the rest auto-filled!! Interesting.
And it defaulted to NYS law. No. It is NOT illegal to use a nanny cam in NYS in HIS room. I think I am going to get him a new "frame" with a picture of me in it so I can see what goes on at least in his room.

Sending big hugs DL!
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

And not surprisingly, after all that emotional strain, I wasn't in a good frame of mind when I got home and quickly passed out on the couch. Then went to bed. Then this morning I realized I didn't do lock up and head count. I could hear the boys crowing and Jody wailing in the broody breaker so I knew all was well and watched them on the cameras as they wandered out into the pen this morning. All I can say is thank goodness for my first line of defense out there. Not much tries that fence again after getting hit one time.
My heart bleeds for both of you!

As I keep stewing over DH saying that there is someone there that is "nasty", I started typing into my Google search bar, "Is it legal to use a nanny cam in a nursing home" and as soon as I finished typing the word "nanny" the rest auto-filled!! Interesting.
And it defaulted to NYS law. No. It is NOT illegal to use a nanny cam in NYS in HIS room. I think I am going to get him a new "frame" with a picture of me in it so I can see what goes on at least in his room.
Lord be with you both!

Back
Top Bottom