BYC Café

Nothing like a mouth full of ear after dinner to make a satisfying dessert.
IMG_20230129_153002832.jpg

I bought what I hope is my last dozen store eggs. Still getting 2 eggs every 3 days. I have seen 4 different hens in the nest box, and one more who has a red comb and wattles, but I think all the eggs are from one hen.

I really want to make fried rice. And a frittata! :drool With home grown onions, garlic, and potatoes! Any day now, any day now...

Good morning and thanks for the hot coffee! -9F last night but warming up now to 15 F so far. There was a BIG moose hanging out by the horses this am on the other side of the barn. I was watchful and parked my car so as to have a hidey hole just in case, but it was laying down asleep in a pile of old hay when I left and all is well, lol. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, I guess the snow ends but the breeze picks up and the wind chills = -14F. What is the point of sun and 20F?
I actually bought another small room heater the other day when the winds were howling and I was constantly cold. It works well! LOL!

What a sweetheart Bella is.
:love I know!
Piper was on the couch with me and Bella kept coming up to interact with her. Bella loves the attention. At one point Piper came at that ear from the point and had the whole thing folded up in her mouth sucking/chewing on it. Bella looked to be in heaven. She's such a weirdo.

Good morning and thanks for the hot coffee! -9F last night but warming up now to 15 F so far. There was a BIG moose hanging out by the horses this am on the other side of the barn. I was watchful and parked my car so as to have a hidey hole just in case, but it was laying down asleep in a pile of old hay when I left and all is well, lol. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, I guess the snow ends but the breeze picks up and the wind chills = -14F. What is the point of sun and 20F?
I actually bought another small room heater the other day when the winds were howling and I was constantly cold. It works well! LOL!
There have been a few studies on how extreme cold effects the body and brain.
It seems there is something wrong with my thermostat because I get all those extreme cold symptoms at around 5C.:D
I do not understand how anyone can live in the conditions you live in.

There have been a few studies on how extreme cold effects the body and brain.
I wonder if a study was done for the opposite side of this spectrum. I don't function well at all in the kind of heat you dealt with in Catalonia.
I do not understand how anyone can live in the conditions you live in.
A wood stove helps. And the fact that we cold lovers don't actually stay out in it all day. It's easy to bundle up to be out in it and come in and warm up by a cozy fire. But Margie is definitely made of tougher stuff than most!

Back
Top Bottom