BYC Café

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee DL.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Never easy to loose one of these souls, whether your own or simply one you know well.

I woke up to a flat tire this morning - lovely. Completely flat... Anyways, I thankfully have CAA (the Canadian version of AAA), so they will come. I've changed flats before myself, but have a super busy Monday morning and will appreciate the help as it will take much less time than me doing it myself (being someone who doesn't change them often and having a relatively small tool kit here in the city).

And I got "measured" for my dry eye level and the Dr. said I scored a little better.
I have dry eye as well, produce enough but it drains too fast so I get plugs in my lower tear ducts twice a year. I use OTC drops during the day and night time ointment at bedtime.

Of course, I had to like the most expensive frames this place had.
I can't like frames because I can't see if they look good on me or not, can't see that well without my glasses. So I let the tech decide what looks good. Hopefully they don't get a percent commision on sales ;)

I thought that was pretty good for the price.
I would say it was!

Well.... this wasn't Pearle vision, so it wasn't cheap. The frames were $520. The lenses another $500.

The lenses were progressives, the "wide angle" whatever they call it, so that it covers more of the lens (that's a big upgrade), non-glare, anti-scratch.
Mine are similarly priced, but also have prisms and blue coating. Not something you can get at a chain store in the mall.

Which of you is hogging the sun and spring weather?
Certainly isn't me!

We don't buy dental or vision coverage.
I get some coverage with my $0 extra cost Medicare Advantage program. The dental is better than what we got with the company insurance when I was working.

being someone who doesn't change them often and having a relatively small tool kit here in the city
Generally speaking, everything you "need" to change a tire is already in the car. Jack and lug nut wrench. But yeah, CAA/AAA is faster once they get there and your "I'm on my way to work" clothes don't get dirty.

Generally speaking, everything you "need" to change a tire is already in the car. Jack and lug nut wrench. But yeah, CAA/AAA is faster once they get there and your "I'm on my way to work" clothes don't get dirty.

Oh, I've changed my tire on a few occasions in the past, but I had so many meetings this morning and my car is in an awkward spot in the parking lot, so it was nice to have the option. It only took them 5 minutes to change it, when they got here and I do pay for the membership which I rarely use it. Since I'm currently in the city and it only took CAA half an hour to get here, it was the method of choice for today 😉

The fastest tire change I've ever done was about 20 minutes total while on route to a live stranding of pilot whales in PEI in October 2014 in a friend's vehicle. We were so determined not to be late and it was 4:30am in the rain just past Truro, NS 🤣 No time for CAA that day! We drove 80km/hr to PEI and dropped it off at a garage while helping with the stranding - was all patched up by the time we finished helping the whales back to sea at 2:30pm.

I think the last flat I had (that I changed myself) was in Labrador in 2019 - so it's been a while. A broken off grader tooth on the dirt road was the culprit with that one!

I seem to maybe, possibly be coming out of my tailspin?. I got lots done today clearing things out, cleaning and organizing to get ready to build the master bathroom.
I've been selling things left and right that I want to get rid of and have taken literally truck loads of garbage, donations and recycling off the property.
Today I took a trailer load of scrap metal in. It was just a washer with the tub filled with dull blades and other scrap metal, my old 2 burner grill and an old push mower. Imagine my surprise when the cashier at the metal recycler told me I got $70 for it! Woo hoo!
While I was in the car getting ready to pull out she came running up to my car and frantically knocked on the window. I rolled it down and she yelled in "I checked out the wrong ticket! You're only getting $29!" Hmmph. So much for my party plans...

I seem to maybe, possibly be coming out of my tailspin?. I got lots done today clearing things out, cleaning and organizing to get ready to build the master bathroom.
I've been selling things left and right that I want to get rid of and have taken literally truck loads of garbage, donations and recycling off the property.
Today I took a trailer load of scrap metal in. It was just a washer with the tub filled with dull blades and other scrap metal, my old 2 burner grill and an old push mower. Imagine my surprise when the cashier at the metal recycler told me I got $70 for it! Woo hoo!
While I was in the car getting ready to pull out she came running up to my car and frantically knocked on the window. I rolled it down and she yelled in "I checked out the wrong ticket! You're only getting $29!" Hmmph. So much for my party plans...
Way to go on the clean-out! When you're done clearing out your place, ya wanna have a go at mine? I'll make coffee ... for REAL! :D

Back
Top Bottom