BYC Café

I also brewed coffee and actually want some this morning.

Jody and Astrid had another fight in the ward but this time broke one of Astrid's eggs.

Wren was the first out this morning. Wren is Astrid's lone hatch from 2 years ago and now Fabio's second youngest daughter. She came out first this morning and after I came back with the filled water reservoir, she proceeded to jump up onto one of the roosts in the run and attempt to crow, wing flaps and all. It was pathetic and funny as hell! If it weren't for my animals' antics I would have crawled into a hole and died by now.
It is the pits. I lost my Dad, my favorite aunt and my Mother. And i was the one who had to deal with everything, as well as a hateful brother. And the three sweet folks were all hoarders. I fell into a deep depression. Sat in a rocking chair in front of the television. Doing nothing. The only thing that saved me was looking for a place in the woods to live, near water.
You will do this because you must. Stay strong. Take time for yourself. You deserve it. Hugs.

I think Skittles is in kidney failure. Two days in a row he wasn't able to hold his bladder for even 4 hours and peed on the runner rug in my kitchen. And every day for at least the last 5 days he drinks so much water that he makes himself vomit. And he's eating a lot of grass. These are all signs of kidney failure.
The last two years that he's had his annual blood work done his kidneys were showing signs of increasing stress. He's been on lasix, benazepril, and Pimobendan for his bad heart and congestive heart failure. I'm sure that's taking its toll on his kidneys now.
I haven't had his blood work done yet this year but I don't think I need to bother with it. Seems he's in an all fired rush to get up there with my parents.
When it rains it pours. I had to get rid of all my farm animals, goats, pigs, chickens, and rabbits and one of our dogs to move back to FL to deal with all those family issues. It was awful.

It is the pits. I lost my Dad, my favorite aunt and my Mother. And i was the one who had to deal with everything, as well as a hateful brother. And the three sweet folks were all hoarders. I fell into a deep depression. Sat in a rocking chair in front of the television. Doing nothing. The only thing that saved me was looking for a place in the woods to live, near water.
You will do this because you must. Stay strong. Take time for yourself. You deserve it. Hugs.
ATM I feel like my head is going to explode.
I'm in the hospital with DH sobbing about everything and he's laughing because he thinks I am. He's completely disconnected and I need to get out of here but the damn nurse is supposed to come in to finish the admission paperwork. Today is day 10. TEN! And just now they are doing this?? And he's supposed to get discharged as soon as a bed in a long term nursing home is available.

ATM I feel like my head is going to explode.
I'm in the hospital with DH sobbing about everything and he's laughing because he thinks I am. He's completely disconnected and I need to get out of here but the damn nurse is supposed to come in to finish the admission paperwork. Today is day 10. TEN! And just now they are doing this?? And he's supposed to get discharged as soon as a bed in a long term nursing home is available.
Hospitals are miserable places for everyone, even the people that work there. I have never worked in healthcare where they had enough staff... which is why i quit working in the hospital. I wonder why someone from admissions didn't come do the paperwork. Maybe there is a waiting area where you could have the nurse meet you.

I think Skittles is in kidney failure. Two days in a row he wasn't able to hold his bladder for even 4 hours and peed on the runner rug in my kitchen. And every day for at least the last 5 days he drinks so much water that he makes himself vomit. And he's eating a lot of grass. These are all signs of kidney failure.
The last two years that he's had his annual blood work done his kidneys were showing signs of increasing stress. He's been on lasix, benazepril, and Pimobendan for his bad heart and congestive heart failure. I'm sure that's taking its toll on his kidneys now.
I haven't had his blood work done yet this year but I don't think I need to bother with it. Seems he's in an all fired rush to get up there with my parents.
Oh no, this reminds me so much of my Willi last year when his organs started to shut down. ☹️

Could it be that his plunge into the pond has left him with a UTI?

Could it be that his plunge into the pond has left him with a UTI?
Unfortunately no. All of these symptoms started a minimum of 5 days ago but I think it's been over a week.
I was hoping that the vomiting and excessive drinking was because of the heat but watching him more closely now I don't think so. He is definitely eating a lot of grass and he has just slowed down so noticeably over the last couple of months.

Hospitals are miserable places for everyone, even the people that work there. I have never worked in healthcare where they had enough staff... which is why i quit working in the hospital. I wonder why someone from admissions didn't come do the paperwork. Maybe there is a waiting area where you could have the nurse meet you.
I took care of it and left.

When DH cannot connect with me at all I fail to see the point in being there. All it does is hurt.

I made up my mind years ago that when he no longer recognized me I was not going to go see him anymore because it just causes confusion and stress for him and emotional pain for me. My DH has been gone for years and I miss him terribly.

Back
Top Bottom