BYC Café

Good Morning Cafe! Coffee is ready.

Still smokey skies here, but it was relatively quiet yesterday on the fire front. Some flare ups, but they were dealt with fairly quickly. Nothing is under control yet, but we just have another day and a half to survive until the rain comes 💕

Fire on the South Shore is much larger and is still spreading rapidly, so I'm thinking a lot about the folks down there. It doesn't get as much media attention as it is in a rural area, but it still is destroying a lot of homes and causing tons of damage. Over 17,000 hectares in size at the moment.

And it is only June 1!!!!! Far too early for 80s let alone 90s
We're hitting 91 today and tomorrow. We haven't had rain for well over a week and the ground is cracking. I've spent an inordinate amount of time watering my landscape plants and garden.

We're hitting 91 today and tomorrow. We haven't had rain for well over a week and the ground is cracking. I've spent an inordinate amount of time watering my landscape plants and garden.
Ditto. We're officially in a heat wave here. Right now it's semi-overcast. I'd dance naked on the front lawn to make it rain.

I'd even PROMISE not to complain about the mosquitoes if it would rain. That's the only positive thing about the drought... very few skeeters.

A gorgeous feeling mid 60's right now....actually put on socks and sleeves.
Got the fan in the coop this morning.

I got the whole house fan uncovered and running last evening.
Really helps to draw in cooler air as well as flush the hotter air out of the attic.
Course drawing cool and humid night air inside can make for discomfort the next day.

Yesterday afternoon when I was watering plants I came around the front of the coop and stumbled into about a 2.5 ft long, 1" diameter northern water snake. He was heading the wrong way and I had to get him turned around to go back out of the pen where he came in before the chickens found him. He was very mad about the whole process it and kept striking my watering can that I was using to usher him out.
This morning I removed Astrid from her wet nest and went about my chores. I glanced out the window into the run while I was doing the boards and there were two black hens out there having a fight. Both of my black broodies! Astrid and MacKenzie. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom