BYC Café

Good morning all, thanks for the coffee. My 19yo made some of grandma's carrot cake that I can share.

The rain last night was lovely except for a leak in the roof. We can't get the new roof and siding on quickly enough, I'm so excited for it. three more weeks and we start tearing off the siding! We're going green.

This is after just one day of circulating through the bog filter.
I wish I had taken a picture before I turned it on. You could only see the fish if they were right at the surface of the water.
IMG_20240417_194707470.jpg

Good morning Café, and thanks for the much needed coffee! :caf

Just reading about your pond troubles DL and all the work that is required, reminds me that it was a good thing for us to refrain from building the very big 'natural' pond we once had envisioned. I just would not be able to keep up with the maintenance.

Today the sun finally resurfaced after a string of days with rather nasty cold weather with heavy rains and strong winds, and we all enjoy a little spring time.

Last edited:
Frost predicted 4 of the next 8 nights, starting Saturday night. Lows of 32-35. I have cherry almost-blossoms on one tree. I imagine there will be a lot more blossoms on both of the trees before then.

Just looked at some of MSU's info. I'm at the "first bloom" stage, and it says at 28 degrees, I can expect 10% crop damage. At 24 degrees, 90%. Same temps listed for full bloom.

Except... that's for 30 minutes of that temp. I need to worry about several hours. 😬

Maybe with hubby's help, we can get sheets over the trees. They're 10-12 feet tall now. And loaded with buds.

Back
Top Bottom