BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome lovemychix I must have been diving in the yarn bucket when you joined us, so heres a great BIG WELCOME!!!!!
and you'll get the hooking down in no time, we'll make sure of that, as we llllooooovvvvvee to help someone start a new hooking addiction!!! LOL :>

well I am going to work on mommahens hat and hooking up some slipcovers to go on the two new dog beds I just made, and the going to try and hot glue my fingers togather again today, yes I have done that many a times, I now have very tough fingers LOL!!!

So I have my second cup a coffee almost drank, tossed dh out to go get me a deer for the freezer that we just got, got Hamburger Soup on the stove brewing for lunch and grandma is taking Haley the oldest christmas shopping so I will have plenty of quite time to figure out how to write these patterns down.

I will also have a new craft to post about this evening but I must make it first to work out all the kinks, that way it will be safe for others to try, aka no more hot glued fingers that way.
smile.png

well I am off to play I will post ya'll in a bit Maw.

Everyone is all so cheerful today, I don't want to ruin it with how utterly and horribly stupid I am.... *sigh* but I need some "hooker hugs" soooo I am going to tell you anyway.

First of all: Welcome lovemychix!
1.gif
You will love it here. And these gals taught me how to crochet in a month about... I was kind of slow.

And now for my stupid human trick: All of my lack of focus and distractions culminated today in this one act. I almost burned the house down and asphyxiated my chicks and myself. *sigh*
somad.gif
I left a pan with oil in it on the stove.
1072.gif
Just turned it on and walked away to do something else which involved looking at or talking to, or tickling my chicks. I got the fire put out and a blanket over the brooder pretty quickly then I got the brooder into Hannah's room and shut the door and I am still trying to clear out the house of smoke.
fireout.gif

Now I just hope that I can eventually move my chickies back to the living room where they will be easier to get to and spend time with.

On a funnier note, my big chickens thought the snow was another form of torture from The Food Lady. (me)... it was pretty funny. I had to shovel them a path. spoiled little misses. Love the hat, your majesty! The color is perfect for Hannah's hat, btw...she just needs one a little warmer.
wink.png
hugs.gif

Last edited:
oh no Rocket!!!! glad that you are ok....we all get the CRS syndrome!!!
heres some
11044_04disney_hugsforyou.gif

11044_baby_dumbo_hugs.gif

11044_minnie_in_nightie_big_hugs.gif

for you. thats the color of her het just not her hat in the pic...am working on her a cute winter one.

friends3.gif
Thanks Scoot! I needed those.

The hat will be so wonderful!
big_smile.png

So anyone ever want a brooder big enough to sit in? I really want one.
wink.png
heh... I should convert my closet or something into the nursery so that I can just walk in and sit with my peeps...

I got it!! I've done about 12 rows perfectly of single crochet.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

My hands hurt had to take a break. I will show it after I'm done.
love.gif
I'm so proud of myself. It's going to make a perfect little cast iron skillet scrubber.

Quote:
I made a brooder room in my coop. I love to sit out there with them. I think they like to come up to you. My buttercups and hamburgs jump up on my lap.

Our coop isn't warm enough for the babies yet so now I am wandering around the house wondering which room I can convert.
wink.png
I so want them to come hop in my lap and I know Hannah would love it too.

Skand, where are you
hide.gif
-ing today? Just curious if we have a game of hide and seek going.
wink.png

After my fiasco with the stove, I probably should hide. But everyone is ok and the worst thing that happened is that now I small a bit like a burnt pancake.

Ris, I am so glad you are okay and no really bad damage! Other than the heart skipping a few beats!!!! (And smelling like a pancake)

lovemychix, nice job!
thumbsup.gif
Keep up the good work. I love to crochet! It is relaxing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom