BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
No apologies needed, it was just a bit of a rant. I am sure ya'll up north get tired of the cold, it is just that it is never ending hot, cold, hot days from October to April and I am really not looking forward to cold weather.

My mom found a yard sale where the husband was getting rid of some of the wifes yarn and crochet stuff, so she got me a bag of hooks and 12 skeins, all different colors, of Knit Picks Andean Treasure baby alpaca. I want to make a blanket for a full bed, but not sure of the pattern to use, so if anyone can help me with a few ideas... I'm not into sunflowers, just basic patterns - squares, rectangles - I can figure out most difficult patterns, and can do the graph patterns. There are so many to choose from that I am stuck, I don't want to do flowers or hexagons or octagons since I will be doing those for the spring swap.

Hi Greenapple good to hear from ya. Hey try giving this link a look and see if you can find one you like there are several great patterns on it. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/afghans.php I think this may have been one that was posted some time ago Se had mad a post with a whole string of them some time back. And I bookmarked several.

Queen Scoot I am soo sorry that you got some nasty bug.
sickbyc.gif
I sure hope you get back to your bright and graphic self.
hugs.gif
Sure wish I could send you some spicy chinese food over the web that always does the trick for me. The spicier the better
smack.gif
opens ya right up.

Smitty we have been having the gloomly weather here too. Sure wish the sun would come out for a few days more.
tongue.gif
rain rain go away
tongue.gif

Rocket how are your hens doing ? I hope you are feeling better as well.

Coffee your little frog prince is really cute
clap.gif
love.gif
who's gonna kiss him?

Maw sure hope the weather is good for your weekend of Chicken stock. Please get lots of photos if ya can and fill us all in on the excitment. Again I think that photo banner you painted is a Hoot

Amy sure glad to hear from you. Is that Afghan you're doing for your brother come out looking like it's plaid? I've seen a few patterns for those but not got brave enough to tackle one. Pic please and of your pattern you are designing now that I know is something to be proud of .
clap.gif

SK post a pic of your cake I am sure your DD will love it no matter which way you go with it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
duc.gif
Had to stop myself I can't carry a note
gig.gif
not even in a bucket as Dad would say
gig.gif

Well gals Hope the rest of you are doing well this evening I must go check on the Homemade Pizza in the oven .. Chow for Now
ya.gif

Quote:
My 4 year old had decided he's a she and has named her Anna. (With a long sounding "A" like 'onna') She took it to school for show and tell this week. At least it's good enough for a preschooler!

Quote:
My 4 year old had decided he's a she and has named her Anna. (With a long sounding "A" like 'onna') She took it to school for show and tell this week. At least it's good enough for a preschooler!

That's really cute,
love.gif
see, ya did good work there!!! And if her artistic eye was caught by it. Well, what more proof do you need? And she is proud enough to show her mom's creativity.
clap.gif

haha.. i cheated, i cheated!! Went to wallywreck this afternoon. Since my oven was preoccupied with the baked beans (that took forever), I just got one of those haunted house cookie kits for her party. That way, she can help me do the decorations, candy skulls, bats, and ghosts. And besides, who says a 6 year old with a hallo-weeny birthdate can actually stray from that sort of theme. Just hoping this time around, my pizza mummy will taste better. Last year, my crust wouldn't rise. helpful hint, don't get those jiffy brand pizza crusts. Going with witches eyeballs (meatballs and biscuits, like pigs in a blanket). Hippie Jim is supposed to bbq, if the weather warms enough.
That's cool Karen! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Get well for those that feel icky. Stay well for those that aren't.

WOW somehow I missed a bunch of posts several pages back there
hu.gif
Some of the stuff that you guys were posting about wasn't making much sense, so I went back and saw that I missed about 5 pages here and 3-4 there.
th.gif

I received a vase doiley (SP and correct terminology?!?! LOL) from my mom today. My great grandmother made it
love.gif
love.gif
It looks to be made with a cotton crochet thread. It is really dirty though, and I know I can't put it in the washer and dryer.

Does anyone have any advice on how to wash it?

Hope you all get to feeling better. We are recovering from gunk as well.

Take care all!!

Good morning! Did I actually beat SE this morning? Just wanted to let you know that my squares will be done tomorrow and will be ready to send by Friday. Still have to tuck in ends, etc.

Okie - I missed two days (I read at work even if I don't post much) and went back pages to get caught up last night. By the time I got to the last post I was too tired to reply! You guys are amazing with all your projects.

Skand - Welcome. Your afghan is beautiful. Don't feel bad about taking years to get things done. I started a baby afghan for one of my grandsons (who is now 9) and it still isn't done. I also made a quilt for my daughter about 4 years ago which still needs the backing. Of course it is now the wrong colors for her room! Good luck with your cake!

I have been sorting alpaca fleece for the last month or so and have probably sorted 100 lbs. to be shipped to our fiber coop. It has to be done today so I can take it to the collection point tomorrow, and then I will have more time for chatting here.
jumpy.gif

Athena - after I get my fiber shipped I will get some things together for Troy's Place. Does it get cold over there?

Maw - Your banner is great. Hope you have a great time this weekend.

All of you not feeling well - I hope you feel better soon. The weather here in NE Ohio is cold and rainy and it is supposed to snow on Monday. I am so not ready for this!

Well, I am off to the sorting table for my last day of sorting til next year. You all have a good day and hopefully I will be back later so I don't have to take 2 hours just to get caught up.

Bonnie
Alpacachick

My mom found a yard sale where the husband was getting rid of some of the wifes yarn and crochet stuff

hmmmmmm..something very, very wrong with a husband that would sell his wife's yarn!!!!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
Either she is passed out or has passed on cause that is the only way mine would be selling my yarn!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Skand that party sounds sooooooo coool.....on my way...
thchickenwalkin.gif
make sure you tell Hippy Jim to save me a plate.... it's a long walk!!
thchickenwalkin.gif
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif

Hey Okie and Momma..did ya'll check out the Secret Santa post??!! hint, hint....
thflashin.gif

Have a great day, I'll check in later, chores and errands this morning... racing rained out...this points championship agony has been drawn out and postponed another few weeks...ughhhhh & grrr...

2b72a5d23c5b47e203ea205167532a1c.gif

Cute gif Karan!!! You've got the hang of it, now look out!!!
wee.gif

garfield5vk.gif

For grins....

gif3334567.jpg

gif4456.jpg

gif44567.jpg

gif554321.jpg

and my favorite...
gif611113.png

gif66782.jpg

gif77770-1.jpg

gif876.jpg

gif8809.jpg

gif8887.jpg

gif88745.jpg

gif8890.jpg

Now that you are smiling..have a great day!!!
hugs.gif
(yes, use any you want
smile.png
)​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom