BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome lutheranchick!!
yippiechickie.gif
, don't worry I don't have any chicks (hence the name) but, this crazy group has kept me around
gig.gif

jumpy.gif
D.gif
, the entertainment is good
pop.gif
caf.gif
I found this group by looking for a "crochet group"

welcome-byc.gif
lutheranchick! We are glad to have all and everyone, chickens or no chickens. Welcome to the crazy Hooker sister club!
a084.gif
We can definitely be a little nuts here, but it's a warm, cozy and caring place to be!

Enjoy! And we are glad to have you! (Oh and if you end up not wanting chickens, despite our crazed chicken talk that accompanies our hooker talk, then that's ok too!

Mawchickkide is our current swap organizer. Scrambled Egg is our Spring swap organizer, loving matron, and smiley princess extradordinaire, and Queen Scoot is her majesty, queen of smileys and brightening our day. These are just a few of our "club" members who you will see a lot of.

And we give free hugs whenever you need them.
363134pd.gif

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all of your warm welcomes! I feel at home already.
I just have to tell you about my experience @ school today. I have been mentoring an student, teaching her to crochet so she can learn to make chemo caps for a community service project. We've only been working together for about 3 weeks, and have met for a total of about 5 hours. Today she came by my office & brought what she started on last night. She has the beginnings of a wonderful afghan, that is nearly 5 feet long, and about 18 inches wide so far. Her stitches are as neat & even as mine are, and I've been crocheting for over 35 years. I was so proud of her. When she finishes, I'll take a picture & post it for you.

Quote:
I too would love to learn to quilt too...
actually, there is still so many things I would love to learn to do..

I just received about 10 blankets quilted in all things Patriotic sent to Troy's that I am forwarding to the hospital.. that are just absolutely gorgeous..

I think Im gonna take photos before I send them off, and post. I wish I had talent like that...
and one of them is crochet.. all red white and blue..

Im gonna have some of the troops show them off and photo them before I turn them in to the hospital.

If you enter the staging facility, just before the troops are sent off for further medical care, their beds are all made up in home-made blankets.. and almost all are done in patriotic themes.. its a pretty neat site to behold.

Quote:
Welcome Lutheran Chick... What a nice your doing, teaching a student to crochet.. Its awesome that your mentoring a student...but, whats equally amazing is that the student has taken on to crocheting.. You know, I feel if more folks like you..took the care and time, to work one on one with anyone..young or old.. and teach them to do soemthing like crochet...well, its one less off the streets and the added benefit is, you teach them something much more than crochet..

Bravo to you...

Now, if I may be so bold.... could I promt you to visit my 18 yr old daughter (also a student, at FSU)...to crochet?? lol!!!..

Quote:
If you could get your daughter to come down to my little chunk of Florida and talk my daughters out of their senioritist, I would gladly teach her to crochet or knit, and let her play with all my lovely chickens.

Those that looked at the pics on the mascot thread probably have an idea that I might really like going to Sea World. They have a great program for active military, and did this for a while after 9/11 for first responders. I am not sure if ya'll know what some of the theme parks have been doing to thank the soldiers for serving, for a few years now Busch Entertainment has been offering active military and 3 direct family members entrance to one of their parks, Sea World, Busch Gardens...
Check out http://www.herosalute.com/
This
is the overview from the website
FREE ADMISSION SUMMARY
Any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman is entitled to free admission under the Here's to the Heroes program. He or she need only register, either by clicking here
and submitting his or her information or in the entrance plaza of participating parks, and show a Department of Defense photo ID. As many as three direct dependents of military personnel also are entitled to free admission. Dependents may take advantage of the offer without their service member, though an adult must accompany minor dependents, and dependent ages 10 and over must present valid dependent I.D. Busch Gardens Williamsburg and SeaWorld San Antonio are seasonal operations that will remain closed until spring 2008. Military personnel interested in visiting those parks should check operating schedules. Click here for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Click here for SeaWorld San Antonio. Click here for Sesame Place. The remaining parks, SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and SeaWorld San Diego are open year round.
Valid for one complimentary single-day admission per person, per year, to one of the following Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks: SeaWorld Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Williamsburg, Sesame Place, Water Country USA, Adventure Island. Not valid at Discovery Cove and Aquatica.

Very cool program Lisa, haven't been to Florida in years but if I get that way, sounds like fun!! We were in Daytona several years in a row for World Karting Association National races during Christmas about 4 yeras in a row back in the 90's..we visited Disney & Sea World every year then. Kids have fond memories of those years!

Glad to have any new member, chickens or not...crochet, however, is a bit of a requirement, lol!!! At least that you are willing to learn how, lol!!!! The chickens, well, we all plenty of them to share pics and stories and eggs with so no worries there
smile.png
Welcome!!!!! Post ALOT!! Get to know us and each other..lots of awesome folks here, extremely talented group here. Alpaca wool spinners, artists, independent business owners (egg stands!!), amigur...dang that word gets me everytime..critter-makers, canners, cooks, knitters, beaders....you name it, good mix here. Help and support for any hobby you might have!! So, again, wleocme, all!!! I think the deadline is closing in here for the final mail in date of your Fall squares...probably a busy hookin weekend for the procrastinators!!! Happy hookin!!
lol.png

okay everyone, here's Jim's halloween trick, and I promise I didn't set this up.
16415_103108_17101.jpg

16415_103108_17122.jpg

4 1/2 foot long western diamondback rattlesnake..aka..the most dangerous snake in the U.S.

I see the head missing off that creepy snake...good job Hippy Jim..those babies are PRECIOUS!!!!!!!! Don't want them getting bit or thinking they can pick up any snake..unless it also has no head and teeth!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom