BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ris, Are you just using the fun fur or are you putting it with another yarn? I have used that a lot when I do dog coats and collars. It is fun but I use a larger needle size so you can see the loops. I have also used it with two strands one yarn and the other fun fur. Its easier to see with a solid color yarn.

Hummm that a good idea sewincircle, I might try that too. I was kinda in the same sitch with ris with the fun fur as I was having trouble just pulling it through the stitches. but thanks ya'll for all the great tricks o the trade with the fun fur, ris and me can now go get our selves all tangled up real good now!
wink.png

well no takers on the tail feathers help? None No One? Anyone?
smile.png
well thats a first. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHE.

Hey ris can you do a dc?

Wish I could help you girls. I am so happy you are working hard on that pattern. I just know a few stitches right now so I am really bad help. Sorry. I can't even read a pattern at this point.
lol.png
Like I said if I can get that hat. We are thinking about buying some loves from her so maybe I can steal it.......
lau.gif
just kidding. I did message her and told her to wear that hat so I could tell her from the rest of the peps, but I reallly just want to see that hat.
wink.png
Maybe I can get a spy camera or something to take with me.
wee.gif
She actually didn't make the hat, but the lady doesn't want to share the pattern....selling them for $20 i guess.
If you read this chooksiniowa I hope this doesn't disturb our friendship.
big_smile.png
We just want that hat.
tongue.gif

well got my pumpkin boiling down. I kinda started a little late on the prep work! lol
Now, to get it done so I can put it up to smush down tomarrow. Think I'll just drive Jim bonkers while he tries to do the turkey. The poor guy, says he knows how to cook, but since we've been togather, he can't seem to find a fork in my kitchen. Good thing I have a sign on the fridge telling him where to find the coffee pot. lol
Let me guess, it only gets worse from here with a man, right?
Think I'll just go hide over here. ---->
hide.gif

Tell NOONE where you saw me at, k?
hu.gif
duc.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif

Welcome Perched!!!! You already seem like you've been here forever...must have some previous hooking experience, lol!!! Nice to have you here!!!

I got alot of my food cooked today and tomorrow I will put it on warming trays so my ham and turkey will fit in my oven. Big pan of dressing made..my favorite with the turkey gravy!! Haven't touched my dining room though and I have craft stuff everywhere, guess I'll clean that up when I get up in the morning and put my turkey in the oven. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!

Erin..that square is crazy awesome!!!!

Last edited:
springcrochetswap.jpg

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
11. Amy Quilt - (Amy)
12. Mangled - (Em)
13. TB1 - (Teri)
14. Purr - (Terry)
15. Elcunni - (Erin)
16. 1MommaHen - (Lynda)
17. EastTnChick - (Steph)
18. Ginger Chic - (Amy)
19. Greenapple - (Lisa)
20. Alpaca Chick - (Bonnie)

thturkey_knitting.gif
thyarn200x123.jpg

Skand: wow. I just use canned pumpkin. Slacker I know.
tongue.png

I do make my own crust.
wink.png
I made a homemade fresh apple pie, homemade noodles, and def my own bread for the stuffing. I save all my scrap bread ends all year and stick them in the freezer.

Quote:
Never fear, I'm here, I'm just quiet!

Right now I'm putting off finding a place to have my little girls 5th birthday party. I'm a bit of a procrastinator!

Quote:
yes, I can do a DC and I even figured out the HDC, but I don't really like them yet.
wink.png
heh....

And yay, sewincircle! I was wondering if I could just get all tangled with another strand of yarn...because it will be so much easier.

I hate to not acknowledge everyone, but I have a house full of kids (Skand did you send yours my way in disguise!??!) and a ton of stuff to do. So, know that I am thinking of all of you!
1.gif
3.gif
1.gif

hugs.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
It's bedtime here, but I wanted to tell all of you HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! I'm thankful for all my new friends here at BYC!
frow.gif
Enjoy the turkey or ham or whatever your family does. Eat lots of pumpkin pie!
Tomorrow after breakfast, we are all going to the church to help serve about 500 free meals to the local community. We'll be serving at least 120 homeless and lots of others. It'll be tiring, but so rewarding! The whole church gets involved, from the 3 y.o.'s to the 90 y.o.'s. Come on over & have lunch with us - there'll be lots of leftovers, I'm sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom