BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
YUP, it is!!

I keep bugging my dh to let me teach him to crochet, but he refuses..."it's a girl thing" he says...UGH
barnie.gif

How's this for a tease?????
ya.gif

I've got an idea in my head for something really neat I'm going to try to put together tomorrow......... heheheh

I'll post photos if it works like I hope it will.....if it works, I'll gladly share my pattern. If it doesn't, in the trash it goes.

Quote:
Karan, thanks for the welcome, sorry to hear about your UTI. My oldest sister used to get those all the time, being a paraplegic, What helped her was drinking Cranberry Juice regularly.

And I don't mind being a Hooker Big Brother to all my Hooker Sisters on here. And for those of you whose husbands think that this is only a woman thing, just remind them of Football Great Rosey Grear, he did Needlepoint & Cross Stitching, I even think he did it on an Oprah show.

We even have 2 guys!
wink.png
heh... Don't forget Shmooborp, everyone.
wink.png

Just popping in for a way too early good morning. Doubt I will be around much today. Busy Busy Busy...

Hope everyone has great days!

hugs.gif
and another big welcome to our Hooker Brothers! as well as our new Hooker Sisters!

ya.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

Quote:
It's an old injury from when I was pregnant with DD#1. I fell while pregnant and injured it, but there was nothing they could do at the time because of the pregnancy. On rare occasions I'll have something like a "catch" that will bug me for a couple of days, but this time I think I've pinched a nerve and it's just been very painful. I've not had this kind of pain in many years, and I have no idea what I did to agravate it this much. Who knows. But, it is getting better with lots of TLC, just don't look at my house! LOL

Quote:
LOL!!!! No kidding, very cool!!!! Happy to have them here!!

I have been trying to finish an afghan to put on my daughter's bed here at home, matchs the colors in that room pretty good, I'm using that redheart blueberry pie and redheart white, just alternating two rows of dc in the blueberry pie and one sc in the white, looks pretty, probably make a nice edge around it when I'm finished, needs to be about double bed size so I have half or more finished. Still working on my retro circles too, that will go in my den when it's finished. Have ya'll ever seen that mardi gras colored sugar and cream yarn and the sugar and cream sunburst orange? Well, those are the colors my daughter wants an afghan made out of!! Will that be the loudest colored thing you have ever seen or what??!!! She has not one thing to match it either, she saw a hexagon I had made with those colors and went nuts over it, crazy kid! lol! Found the yarn on cones on ebay but might have to have my first ever negative feedback if the woman does not come down off the shipping! I ordered 5 cones, meaning 5 pounds, and she wants me to pay $30.00 in shipping!!! You could mail your grandmother for $30.00 in shipping!!! The cones are 10 bucks a piece which is a good deal, they are normally about $13.00 but I will default on that deal if she doesn't lower that shipping by half..I never understand that on ebay..why people try to make the money on the shipping!! Just jack the price on the item and make the shipping what it is and not try to gouge people on it..buncha crooks!!! Geez!!! I'm sure Joann's or Micheals will have it and even the higher priced cones are cheaper than that sky high shipping!

Well, have a great folks, I have some errands to run todsy so I'll check in later, rainy and dreary here today, and chilly..yuck!

Hope you feel better Steph!!!...Can't believe you and Rocket are up so early!!! Normally no hookers are stirring this early and I even slept late, lol!

....OMG, I keep forgetting to say to LC that I am sooooo excited about her "Off the Hook" club!!!! LOVE the name and the idea is wonderful!!!! Think they might want to join here too? We'd love to have them! Are ya'll gonna swap squares or just make projects together? They could swap squares here...no, I never miss an opportunity, lol!!! I love the whole idea, how cool!!! AWESOME!

Last edited:
SE: those colors sound great. My daughter loves those colors. Her room is raspberry and butterfly blue. I have seen all those neat colors in sugar and cream and I even got a few on my yarn trip the other day.
love.gif

Karan: If your in pain. WalMart has an over the counter pill that really helps. I think its call uzo or ozo or something like that. Just so you know. You can take it with your meds too. I have had that in the past and it's no fun.
sad.png

Amy: My hubby with yours. I don't think he'd go for it.
lau.gif
I was checking out your link in your siggy. Nice stuff.
tongue.png
I noticed your family craft time. That is so great!! That must be hubby doing crafts with the kids. Wow!!!

Aglo: I am with ya!! I have been not on here so much. Cleaning and hooking. I was falling to far behind.

Welcome to our newbies!

It has been so cold here and snow all day yesterday. My poor chickies have been locked in the coop for 3 days. The pop door drifted shut yesterday. They seem to be dealing well with it. I've been giving them extra treats to keep them busy. Chicks and hens are starting to tolerate each other better and better everyday. I haven't heard a sneeze or a weeze for about 5 days.
ya.gif

Have a great day hookers!!

Last edited:
g'mornin g'mornin.. Busy day here so far.. I seem to have lost my 3 year old... Cause this morning... a really big 4 year old came out instead!!

Gotta clean the house, clean the church, and do some shopping. ANd I dont mean the fun kind of shopping.... Oh and lets not forget, dinner, bake a cake, good thing she likes box cakes.. lol add eggs and oil....

Someone.. Please! Take my place today!!!
lol

OH SE>> If ya want to.. I can look here and see if I can find that yarn for ya. Promise, I ship super cheap!!

Last edited:
No, thank you though Skand, I will see if she sends me a new invoice that doesn't require a second mortgage and if not she can kiss my patootie and I will check out Joann's and Michaels
today (good excuse anyway!!), they always have those cones. I have about 1700 positive feedbacks on ebay and never a negative so I don't think I will suffer as much as she will with only her 35. It is unreasonable to think someone would pay that in shipping for 5 pounds. Oh well, one of us will learn a lesson today, hope it's her! Thank you though.

Sorry LC, you are right, I skimmed the list!!
wink.png

birthday018.gif
Caydence!

Here's the cake, Skand so you don't have to bake one.
wink.png

torta1.gif

Hope you have a great day, even if it is busy.

I am going to start a petition for Hibernation in the winter. Anyone with me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom