Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Thought I would drop a couple lines.
caf.gif
First I wanted to say that, my ss package hasn't come yet
hu.gif
. I will keep watching....
And then my Christmas night ended with some unneeded excitement. My husband was sent to the hospital by squad. We thought he was having a heart attack, he had a lot of the symptoms for it. They did some tests & said his heart was just fine.
bow.gif
Thank the lord! He has all his health problems, so they think it may be a very bad infection. Source...one of his toes. He has had a spot on it for a while that we have been watching & it just got bad real fast. Actually before the heart attack symptoms, he had flu symptoms. So they sent him on to the Omaha hospital, where the transplant people are. He is down now getting a test done on his foot to see if the infection has gone to the bone. WHEW!!! What a way to end Christmas, but thank goodness it wasn't worse!
th.gif

so I will try & stay in touch, I might have to join that crat thread
wee.gif
...& don't worry I will still do the swap & such
tongue2.gif

Hello everyone, just got in from work and am so tired but wanted to catch up with everything that has been going on in here.
EastTnChick those scarves looked really cool. >>Harry Potter fan.
smile.png

Actually I have been home for about an hour but made myself even more tired by picking up 5 gallons of pecans. It is so nice outside today I have my window open now. Don't know if we will get any more nice days like today. Got up to 70. Sorry all of you that live in the freezer.
sad.png

Was on my way to work this morning and couldn't help it, I had to go in Walmart and see what they had marked down. All christmas stuff was 50% off. I got so much stuff I had to leave it in the post office while I went out to deliver the mail.
lol.png

Quote:
Ive never made them, but trust me, homemade marshmallows are 1000 times better than the store bought ones.

We've had homemade marshmallows that one end was dipped in chocolate coating. Mmmmmm.

Chel

I just wanted to post a little sumthin-sumthin on here to let you guys know I was thinking of you! And to ask a question or two...
Hope everyone had a MERRY CHRISTMAS.. sounds like it with all the pages to catch up on!! MY!
Glad, like the rest of you are, the holiday is over!!! I haven't taken any decor down.. feels like I just finished putting it up! hahaha!
Now, I can crochet for pleasure again and at a leisurely pace! hahahaha! Don't know which project to pick back up, however!! hahaha!
Currently, however, one of my FAV roos, Nelson, got into a pretty good fight w/ another one of my roos! He's kinda torn up!! I'm pretty sure this should be sent over to another topic, but I feel SOOOO comfy here w/ all you gals (and men I see!! Welcome aboard!). His wattle on one side is torn, badly! A strip is gone and the middle section is flappin around (NOT clean thru, but its DEEP!)! I've cleaned it all out as best I could.. given him a bath and washed out his wounds w/ qtips (washcloth and him.. NO NO!!). I've dried him (YES! W/ my blow dryer... my DH was laughing!!), sprayed Blu-Kote on his wounds and have let him rest inside w/ me for the night (made my dog's crate into a chicken hospital room!).. close (but NOT too close!) to the fire so he's warm for the night. He's eatin and walkin around fine and sleepin w/ his head tucked into his feathers for now... but is there anything more (besides not having so many roos) I can do?
I appreciate the answers.. if any may be available! Many THANKS!!

1st this
Chel <-----eating an Oreo Truffle while catching up on about 20 pages!

then this :
Quote:
Ive never made them, but trust me, homemade marshmallows are 1000 times better than the store bought ones.

We've had homemade marshmallows that one end was dipped in chocolate coating. Mmmmmm.

Chel

I Love Chocolate Chel Do you got the recipe for the Oreo Truffle? Sounds soo yummy
droolin.gif
Now this my kind of pick me up
love.gif

Don't tease us like that give us the recipe

Please

Thanks
big_smile.png
Karan​

el, is there a way you can seperate thier area, to where each has his own room and girls?
Not as in, put one up at a time, so they each have a few hours to roam, but like a fence line down the middle of the yard?
If you can, you should. They sound like they are at the age where they each want to be the boss of the yard, and the only way to keep them both from tearing each other up, or rehome one, or cook one, is to permenatly seperate them. And if you can, and when you do, you might also have to hang a sheet or some kind of material up so they don't see each other. They will still hear and see the shadows, but they cant get to each other.
Sorry about his torn wattle, sounds like you did a good job being a nurse. lol

I Love Chocolate Chel Do you got the recipe for the Oreo Truffle? Sounds soo yummy
droolin.gif
Now this my kind of pick me up
love.gif

Don't tease us like that give us the recipe

Please

Thanks
big_smile.png
Karan

Easy easy easy....

Throw a bag of Oreos in the food processor and chop them up until they are all crumbled and the white stuff is blended it.

Next, throw in an 8 oz. package of cream cheese. I use fat free, like it will help.
lau.gif

Process until it is like cookie dough.

Form the stuff into balls (grape to walnut size, it doesnt matter and they dont have to be all the same size) and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet.

Chill in the frig until firm (at least an hour).

Melt a bag of chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. I dont know how many ounces I use since I just pour some out of the ginormous costco package, but I think I use about 2 cups of chips. Stir frequently, dont let it scorch and absolutely dont let even a drop of water get in the chocolate or it wrecks it so use dry equipment.

Dip the balls in the chocolate and set back on the wax paper covered cookie sheet. We just toss a couple balls in the melted chocolate, and then fish them out with chopsticks. Dont worry if they dont look perfect.

PUt the tray back in the frig and chill until chocolate hardens (15 min.).

Eat one. Two will knock you over.

There are lots of variations on the internet. Just google oreo truffles.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom