BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! EM,
hope you heal quickly. I went called my dr. back and they gave me pain patches, ( patches, we don't need no stinking patches) haha oh yes I did.
So my back is feeling better now. Make sure they give you some good drugs. Better living through chemicals that's my motto.
I have been knitting a baby blanket for my brother's baby on the way.
I'll post a pic when I find my camera it's the prettiest yarn it's bright pink and yellow variegated. My sister in Law is going to hate it , mwaaaaahaaaa.
chuck don't forget to put me on that prayer list. I'm a pagan but can't hurt to cover all bases.
wink.png

we are getting a bunch of snow tonight and I won't be able to shovel. that's a darn shame. guess hubby will be out there alone doing it.

One handed typing and on against my hyusband's wishes, lol.

Just wanted to thank you all for the prayers.

I'm okay, but still in a ton of pain. They gave me endocet at the ER and woo! good stuff. I'm due for another pill, that's why I'm up and abouut.

I'll tell the whole stroy when I'm not in so much agaony. very' broken collar bone. Sheesh.

Em

Purr,

You've been on my prayer list for a long time, since you first mentioned your back problems.

I am an equal opportunity prayer, I pray for Christians, heathens, pagans, followers of Wicka, Hindus, Muslims, athiests, all kinds of people, but especially for my fellow chicken addicts, especially those that are sucked in by the spell of those evil silkies!
lau.gif

I used to have a friend here in Kentucky by the same name, Purr, but I lost track of her. She was from up East somewhere too.

SE,

Ain't no way you are gonna get me in a kilt!
gig.gif

A) It's too dang cold for those things!
old.gif
barnie.gif

B) I don't want to scare little children or frighten the horses with my ugly legs!
ep.gif

C) I don't look good in plaid!
tongue2.gif

D) If it ain't full length, it doesn't do much for my figure!
tongue.gif

hugs.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

yuckyuck.gif

SE,

Ain't no way you are gonna get me in a kilt!

A) It's too dang cold for those things!

B) I don't want to scare little children or frighten the horses with my ugly legs!

C) I don't look good in plaid!

D) If it ain't full length, it doesn't do much for my figure!

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
ROTFL!!! You nut!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

I am new to the board and a little confused. Is this for yarn only or crochet cotton or both?. I do not know how to crochet with yarn. I am interested in participating if I can make a doily. Is it still going on?

The thread is so big I cannot figure it out.
Priscilla

Hi!! Welcome to the thread!! We have alot of friendlyfolks, guys and gals that chat in this thread all the time but twice a year we do have swaps. Yes they are crocheted and the two we have previously done were only for granny squares. We are doing "shapes" for the spring swap coming up and you are certainly welcome to do doilies if you want. I will add you name to the list and post it below this post (its also on page one of this thread) very few rules, really challenging folks this time to crochet more things than squares so your doilies would be fine, you would need to make a bunch of them though..one for as many as are on the list. If that overwhelms you, just hang out in the thread and make friends and make doilies and use them for other things we do like our secret santa swap at christmas and we might do a christmas in july this year..either way you are certainly welcome here!!! Happy to have you!! Darlene

springcrochetswap.jpg

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
11. Amy Quilt - (Amy)
12. Mangled - (Em)
13. TB1 - (Teri)
14. Purr - (Terry)
15. Elcunni - (Erin)
16. 1MommaHen - (Lynda)
17. EastTnChick - (Steph)
18. Ginger Chic - (Amy)
19. Greenapple - (Lisa)
20. Alpaca Chick - (Bonnie)
21. Jacie's Coop - (Jacie)
22. Algopurple - (Elizabeth)
23. JenJScott - (Jen)
24. NewChickenFamily - (Jennifer)
25. LovemyChix - (Tess)
26. Shmooborp - (Luke)
27. Redhen - (Wendy)
28. SewinCircle - (JeanMarie)
29. FrChuckW - (Chuck)
30. BackSwampGirl - (Sandra)
31. Pw_quiltworks - (Priscilla)

thturkey_knitting.gif

Last edited:
*telling self to stop staring at the ever increasing yarn stash*
LOL I went and bought me a yarn tub the other day, Made sure it had a hinged lid, so I didnt have to worry on losing it. Guess what! I have accumulated so much, I cant get the lid to close without all these skeins sticking out staring at me! Yayy! I finally have choices in my colors!!
wee.gif

OKAY OKAY! I'll stop typing and stop playing with the lil silkies that are getting thier lil feathers. lol
back to yarn..blah blah. lol
tongue.gif

ACK EM! Get better soon! You and Maw and Purr (and anyone else I missed with broken bones, hurting muscles/bones/joints/whatever...my goodness! Hope you all feel better soon!
20.gif

FrChuck as SE said, you're great! Thanks for joining our crazy club!

Congrats SK on your yarn bucket. I need to get me one of those.

5.gif
pw_quiltworks!!! Scrambled Egg is the person to ask for the Spring Swap. *and* we have a special "Adoption" sort of mentor project (see my sig for links) if you want one on one attention, that's where to post. We will get you set up with people who can keep you updated and help out with crochet questions. And the bonus is you get to stick around and chat in this "club" too!

My report for the day: You who want it can have my snow. My chickens were being good, but they are sounding like little brats again right now...I have a new "house chicken". We are recuperating (hopefully) my one-eyed chicken Cyclops...She has some kind of disorder that isn't catchy to any of my other birds that makes her eye get all puffy. *shrug* We are pretty sure she got a cow foot to the head or a fellow chicken claw stuck in the wrong place at some point. It looks like an old war wound rather than a disease. Wheee....Back to the chaos for me.
Hope everyone's weekend improves or stays good, depending on what you need.

Oh my gosh yall! I found this site I have to tell everyone about, its about making yarn out of plastic bags! Can you imagine! Sounds scratchy to me lol anyway just thought that was funny and wanted to share. If you want to see more, google making yarn with plastic bags. Lost the link. Going to go crochet and watch Iron Man with hubby and baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom