BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
smilewelcomeheader.gif
Charlie'sChick! So glad you found us!

Your Majesty
bow.gif
Those are some lovely squares. I love the interlinked ones.

Got to go eat then get the school night routine going. Good night all!

Charlies Chick, welcome! You made me laugh out loud after I read your story bout the rooster. Made my husband look at me funny. He just doesn't get it. Anyway, welcome and hope you have fun here. I do.
smile.png

evening gals and guys, sorry I didn't post this morning but I just didn't feel like fighting with this darn puter, and I now have an offical red stained hooker cast. and this time it weren't blaylee pukeing on it, instead it was me,
sickbyc.gif
Oh the rain falls the rain poors, rain drops fallin on my head, fallin on my head............
love.gif

I just love the roller coaster of life! Really makes me feel alive! LOL!
and thats the truth! can ya'll tell the meds are starting to work LOL!!!!!!

well chuck I will make you a bag that won't fall apart on ya.

SE thanks for being there!

Queen glad to see your doing alright right now.

Karan good luck on the net people they are a reallllllll pain!

Ris congrats on reaching 200 pages although I don't have much of a clue whats going on. but I am proud of you.

welcome to charileschick and pw_quiltworks glad to have ya here.

skand congrats on the 14 eggs, yer doin better than me as I havve 50 + hens aleast and only getting 1 egg a day. ONE EGG!!!
somad.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif

oh an chuck I tried that and still notta. so I will keep at it though. well for all of those I left out sorry I am starting to get realllllll looopy so I should had better get off here. I love ya gals and guys an will see ya'll in the morning or noon or evening something like that I hope. Thake care and may god be with each an every one of us tonight. Maw.

I had 8 eggs saturday from 10 hens, I think to secret to mine is keeping them reasonably warm at night so they aren't having to biologically chose between conserving body heat and making an egg..just my theory but seems consistent.

Welcome Karan's Mom!!!! PW and Charlie's Chick in one weekend, whooo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook on ladies and gents!!!
thumbsup.gif
welcome-byc.gif
thumbsup.gif

springcrochetswap.jpg

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
11. Amy Quilt - (Amy)
12. Mangled - (Em)
13. TB1 - (Teri)
14. Purr - (Terry)
15. Elcunni - (Erin)
16. 1MommaHen - (Lynda)
17. EastTnChick - (Steph)
18. Ginger Chic - (Amy)
19. Greenapple - (Lisa)
20. Alpaca Chick - (Bonnie)
21. Jacie's Coop - (Jacie)
22. Algopurple - (Elizabeth)
23. JenJScott - (Jen)
24. NewChickenFamily - (Jennifer)
25. LovemyChix - (Tess)
26. Shmooborp - (Luke)
27. Redhen - (Wendy)
28. SewinCircle - (JeanMarie)
29. FrChuckW - (Chuck)
30. BackSwampGirl - (Sandra)
31. Pw_quiltworks - (Priscilla)
32. Charlie's Chick - (Sharon)

thturkey_knitting.gif

Morning all...

Maw, glad the meds are working and that you seem to be enjoying the challenge. Keep up the good work at keeping those spirits up. As for 200 pages, I just meant that our "little" thread here had gotten up to 200 pages as far as how my set up for BYC is making my pages.
wink.png
But thanks for being proud of me. I need to feel proud of.
hugs.gif

Karan, forgot to mention that I'll miss your morning posts too. We all need more bling! Looking forward to seeing any lunch posts you might get to make.

SE Congrats on the eggs! Yup, warm and fed. Just read that feeding them up right before they are tucked in for the night is a great way to keep them warm. It's been working, but man, the chickens know when it is going to get cold out. They eat me out of house and coop!

Turning over a new resolution leaf today and going to actually try and get chores really and truly and regularly done so that the chaos doesn't descend upon us again. Wish i didn't feel like I needed a nap though... time for
300_155420.jpg

Thanks for all the well wishes for house hunting....no we didnt sign a lease. we wont be able to stay here as the new owners are buying it to live in. so we are still looking not sure of the time frame we have but we'll deal.
heres a lil bling bling for evryone...
10.gif

11.gif

12.gif

13.gif

14.gif

15.gif

16.gif

17.gif

18.gif

19.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

1.gif

2.gif

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

8.gif

9.gif

10.gif

Last edited:
Hello Ladies!!!!!
caf.gif

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in FOREVER. It will take me a life time to catch up on the reading I've missed. I just wanted to say hello. I miss ya'll.

My daughter had a really hard time adjusting to her first semester of high school. It doesn't help that she was taking an advanced Algebra class and math has never been one of her strong points, and two honors Junior Classes (Honors Oral Communication & Honors Biology) and she's only a freshman. Whew!!!!!! SHe had a really rough start trying to balance it all. She had some miscommunication in the Communication class (imagine that LOL!) made some bad grades and had to work her butt off to make up for mistakes to bring the grade up to stay in the program. She managed to make all A's & B's (except in Adv Alegbra), but it was work, work, work. We had her switched to the reg algebra class that moves at a slower pace. It was crazy and I worried, worried worried!!!!! She seems more relaxed going into this semester and more organized. Well, it just started, so keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!

I have finally combined the eight 8 month old pullets and my daughter's four 5 month olds with my older layers over the holiday. The coop is a bit tight, but the run is plenty big and I still try to give them free ranging time almost every evening before bedtime. It's an adjustment for the babies, but they seem to be working out their new pecking order.

The older girls have been taking turns in groups to molt, so I was only getting a few eggs a day to. I'm finally starting to get some between the 3 diff age groups. Now that I combined them I'm not sure who is laying what. I feel so sorry for the ones molting right now. They look like little rats.

We are trying to do winter decluttering, so we can spend our free time in the garden this spring. It's amazing how quick things pile up.

I still try to make time for crocheting at night while watching TV before bed time. I just love it and feel like there is so many projects just waiting for me to tackle. I'll post my projects if I ever finish them. LOL!!!!!

I have to go check on my silly turkeys. Hope everyone has a great day!

Kim

frow.gif
Hi gang, Thanks for giving my Mom such a Nice Welcome
big_smile.png

Just checking in Maw nice ya got to get to your computer. Sorry about the cast and the feeling ill
sickbyc.gif

Smitty good to hear from ya.

Scoot those squares ya did are terrific, I really love the colors. The patterns are really great
love.gif

Hey SE
I had 8 eggs saturday from 10 hens, I think to secret to mine is keeping them reasonably warm at night so they aren't having to biologically chose between conserving body heat and making an egg..just my theory but seems consistent.

Yep works with mine too. I get anywhere fomr 5 -9 eggs a day from 14 hens (8 6 month old pullets 4 older Buffs and 1 RIR) and 4-9 eggs aday from my girl ducks
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
. We have 2 heat lamps in our chicken coop and 1 heat lamp in the duck shed.
Needless to say I usually have duck eggs out my ears quack quack.

Any ways I will be checking in with ya all when I can.

big_smile.png
Karan​

neener neener.. we got over 15 eggs today. Btw, my secret, talk to them, cheer them on, oh and give them lots of snacks while doing the talking to them thing. lol Today was old tortillas, yesterday, biscuits. lol ooooo and the magic human food bucket, they love milk and yogurt, and as Caydence pefers crustless pb&j sammiches, they get the crusts. lol

Finally got to do groceries today, took me two hours, lots of uhhhs in the aisles, and a lazy Caydence dragging her feet on the wrong end of the buggy. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom